Store
Bring back Kohi as a standalone server
As said in the title, I personally feel that if you brought back Kohi as a standalone server and put anti-skid as the anticheat and not gcheat would be a great decision. One of the biggest reasons why the merged failed was due to the fact that most of the Kohi players really don't like badlion (to put it bluntly), as well as a large majority of their community getting banned by GCheat. Many players have asked for kohi to be brought back and honestly I personally feel this would be really cool.

PM Link
+1 but I don't think it's gonna happen, unfortunately :(
PM Link
+1 but unfortunately never going to happen.
PM Link
>staff
PM Link

ItsNotTene wrote

PM Link

Saimo wrote

>staff

?
PM Link

ItsNotTene wrote

I don't understand why it couldn't though.
PM Link
Hardly anyone in the potion community has even played Kohi nowadays, they view it the same way i used to view strawhats, pre-map 10 HCF, the 2012-2013 OCN days etc.

SolrRaze wrote

As said in the title, I personally feel that if you brought back Kohi as a standalone server and put anti-skid as the anticheat and not gcheat would be a great decision. One of the biggest reasons why the merged failed was due to the fact that most of the Kohi players really don't like badlion (to put it bluntly), as well as a large majority of their community getting banned by GCheat. Many players have asked for kohi to be brought back and honestly I personally feel this would be really cool.

So you're saying we should allow players to cheat on this new [old] server? I find it hard to believe the dev team still have the AntiSkid plugin anyway.

Kohi was liked because of the sense of community there, any dev/admin team can replicate what they did in terms of gamemode design and development, but unfortunately we can't bring communities back. Or fortunately rather, if you consider how toxic some individuals were.

Don't get me wrong i loved Kohi, there was even a time where i played more Kohi than Badlion despite being a staff member on the latter. But the community has died and moved on with their lives or moved to other gamemodes/servers, and it's staying that way.

Edit: when i refer to sense of community i mean how everybody knew everybody, people were generally courteous and polite and how it was close knit.
PM Link

JaimeLannister wrote

Hardly anyone in the potion community has even played Kohi nowadays, they view it the same way i used to view strawhats, pre-map 10 HCF, the 2012-2013 OCN days etc.

SolrRaze wrote...

Kohi was liked because of the sense of community there, any dev/admin team can replicate what they did in terms of gamemode design and development, but unfortunately we can't bring communities back. Or fortunately rather, if you consider how toxic some individuals were.

Going to respond to this, if you want me to respond to the other things you brought up PM me on discord.

They can remake it but the name itself and server itself is what also would bring in most of the players, when PvPLounge came out it gained players for the reason that 'it's the name kohi'. Personally I feel they should bring it back because the communities that they wanted to merge don't fit well together (UHC and Pot) and having them in their individual servers with their own gamemodes would be beneficial to both communities, if Kohi was brought back it could possibly bring back the fractured community that comes with the copious amounts of practice servers being released.
PM Link

SolrRaze wrote

JaimeLannister wrote...

Going to respond to this, if you want me to respond to the other things you brought up PM me on discord.

They can remake it but the name itself and server itself is what also would bring in most of the players, when PvPLounge came out it gained players for the reason that 'it's the name kohi'. Personally I feel they should bring it back because the communities that they wanted to merge don't fit well together (UHC and Pot) and having them in their individual servers with their own gamemodes would be beneficial to both communities, if Kohi was brought back it could possibly bring back the fractured community that comes with the copious amounts of practice servers being released.

My gut feeling is that I dont think it would. I would love for Kohi to come back mate i really would, but i don't think it would be good use of resources.

Also Kohi wasn't a singular server it was a network, so which server would you have back? practice 1 or practice 2? Don't even say factions cos we'll get slapped.
PM Link

Saimo wrote

>staff

>demoted
PM Link

JaimeLannister wrote

SolrRaze wrote...

My gut feeling is that I dont think it would. I would love for Kohi to come back mate i really would, but i don't think it would be good use of resources.

Also Kohi wasn't a singular server it was a network, so which server would you have back? practice 1 or practice 2? Don't even say factions cos we'll get slapped.

All of this along with the fact that, after the merge a large part of their network was banned on Badlion for cheating. I'm sure most of them got demotivated after that and honestly if the network came back, they would just continue to cheat which is not good.
PM Link
Neutral
PM Link
+1 but never gonna happen
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1 why not but it's never gonna happen
PM Link
-1 It will never happen nor I want it to happen. It will just fail
PM Link
people only like kohi for the nostalgia
PM Link
-1 I'm pretty sure it'll just flop and be a waste of resources and time.
PM Link

Asorn wrote

-1 I'm pretty sure it'll just flop and be a waste of resources and time.
PM Link