Store
Players Online: 15.1k Help Forums Client
Mr_Bloxley 9000 Post AMA [Retired Badlion Manager]
Hello,

This is my 9000th post so I would like to do an AMA.

I am the 4th person to reach this milestone after my dear friends MasterGberry, McNerdx, and Morsinius. The 4 of us combined make up over 4% of all of Badlion's forum posts. We are all current or retired staff but we still.

I began playing Minecraft in November of 2012 after I was introduced by a friend IRL to the game. I started out playing on a small towny survival server, Psychotic Gaming. I then transitioned to ZexyZek's new McGrifball server in the summer of 2013 where I reached #1 on the leaderboards and was even featured in one of his videos back when he had 300-400k subscribers (If you want to watch, go find it, I'm not sharing because I was 14 and socially awkward). Just days after that, I joined the Overcast Network (OCN) for the first time where I became friends with many people that are here today. I met everyone from Archy, Ginie, Morsinius, JacobArnold, Utusho/AtomicScientist, Niquex, Jioska, Hivlik, Freekkiller, Arcanex, and OllieGamerz there.

On Christmas Day 2014, I applied for Mod and on 10 January 2015 ginie messaged me and gave me trial. I was promoted two weeks later, 24 January 2015, to full mod. I was super active and did more than basically anyone at the time and was promoted to senior moderator after just 6 months of time as mod and after 1 month of a break on 5 August 2015. I took a few breaks here and there and eventually became Manager in 2016 before retiring on 9 March 2017. I ultimately came back for a few months and did close to nothing and retired for the last time just a month and a half ago.

I now attending the University of California, Santa Barbara so I have been very busy and don't have much time or desire to play this game anymore or to be staff. It's a wonderful school (and we have our own beach!), so I recommend it to anyone that is a resident of the State of California ;) Slide in the DMs if you have any questions about us here.

Please ask away, I would like to answer any and all questions. By the way, preferably no opinions because I really don't have an opinion about most of you guys because I barely know most of you.

- Mr_Bloxley
Retired Badlion Manager

PM Link
holy shit congratulation
PM Link
Who is your favourite mineman youtuber.
PM Link
Opinion?

Favorite Click bait title?

PM Link

Age?

How did the Owners react when you told them you was gonna resign?

Do you like cows?

What was the playerbase from the server when you applyed?

Im not sure if you know me, Opinion?
PM Link
I'm not going for an opinion because i know how you feel already.

Instead I'd like to know:

Is there anything from your time here you use and will take with you in real life?

Are there people you intend to keep in contact here from a future standpoint?

How do you feel the administrators are doing in terms of providing to the community and working with their wants?

Do you see the community management team as needed and productive currently?

Do you have any concerns for the future of this game or badlion as a server.

Do you currently follow any major esports? if so which ones?

Are you attempting to separate yourself from your online life completely? \

PM Link
Who is your favourite mineman youtuber.

In the olden days: ZexyZek

In the olden days of my friends: OllieGamerz

I hate watching pvp so..

Also: Ethoslab, elmayo97

Well, I've met 3 of them via Skype and have been friends with 2 of them so haha.
PM Link

omgplsno wrote

Opinion?

Favorite Click bait title?

idk you

https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/42498
PM Link

Samey wrote

Age?

How did the Owners react when you told them you was gonna resign?

Do you like cows?

What was the playerbase from the server when you applyed?

Im not sure if you know me, Opinion?

1. I am 18, about to be 19.

2. I never communicated directly with Gberry or Archy the last 2 times I retired. It was more of a shock in the earlier days since I did so much but nowadays no one notices.

3. They are cool, although I prefer to eat them.

4. When I applied originally for staff, there was just one Arena server that had a capacity of 750. Octovon, the creative server, was also a thing and UHC was just starting up. HCF was also around. Back then, Badlion was mostly just a practice server for OCN teams, HCF people, and PotPvpers.

5. I do not know you.

PM Link

Emogan wrote

I'm not going for an opinion because i know how you feel already.

Instead I'd like to know:

Is there anything from your time here you use and will take with you in real life?

Are there people you intend to keep in contact here from a future standpoint?

How do you feel the administrators are doing in terms of providing to the community and working with their wants?

Do you see the community management team as needed and productive currently?

Do you have any concerns for the future of this game or badlion as a server.

Do you currently follow any major esports? if so which ones?

Are you attempting to separate yourself from your online life completely? \

Is there anything from your time here you use and will take with you in real life? Not likely.

Are there people you intend to keep in contact here from a future standpoint? Not really, I have a few of OG staff and admins on social media as well as a few newer staff members. We don't talk much outside of on here so not really.

How do you feel the administrators are doing in terms of providing to the community and working with their wants? I feel like the old admins and Archy and Gberry are pretty burnt out and probably should take a break. I know some of them are but I do believe that some admins should resign completely since I don't know if some of them have done anything in ages. I'm hopeful for the new admins but in the end I feel like they will work hard for a few months to maybe a year and get bored and move on. Within the old staff circles, I am aware that we are usually pretty skeptical when it comes to new admin and senior staff promotions though. At this point I think the server is past its prime and probably passed it somewhere before or around the Kohi merger so.. I don't think that answered your question but those are my thoughts on the admin situation.

Do you see the community management team as needed and productive currently? No. I don't really know what they do and I don't see why adding on another title for several admins/senior staff would make them any more inclined to be a liaison with the community. I don't know who the leaders are in the community anymore but what I do know is that they would be better served if they were like Hivlik, Morsinius, and cringiecake. Those are people who I would trust with the position if it was established 2-3 years earlier.

Do you have any concerns for the future of this game or badlion as a server. I think Badlion is past its prime at least in its current iteration. UHC is not as big nor is Arena type Pvp and same with SG.

Do you currently follow any major esports? if so which ones? No.

Are you attempting to separate yourself from your online life completely? No, I just have not made any real friendships with anyone from Badlion during my time here. I have a few friends from OCN but I haven't seen Badlion as the type of place for me to come play with friends. It was literally just me trying to get better at Pvp for OCN and then I became staff which I didn't see as a method of socializing and making friends, I was literally here to make the server free from the toxins and cheaters.
PM Link
are you ever planning on joining back to the staff team?
PM Link

Cyawn wrote

are you ever planning on joining back to the staff team?

only if i was offered a new role
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

Zaptelus wrote

Do you ever feel ashamed of yourself knowing you have about a tenth of a million posts on a Minecraft forum? HUH??? DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT YOUR DECISIONS

let me catch up

yes

good luck, there's no competition to get to 9k posts since hivlik and freek are pretty much gone along with everyone else that is close
PM Link
Thoughts on the Tournaments?

Thoughts on the tournament team?

Thoughts on Minecraft as a whole?

Thoughts on Badlion as a whole?

Thoughts on the staff team?

Opinion?
PM Link
we've never talked but opinion?
PM Link
Did Gberry edit your post count :P?

Face reveal at 10k?

You don't really know be but opinion?
PM Link
who am i
PM Link
When I was a trial, I remember seeing you as a manager, but we never talked. I am glad for what you've done in this community and hitting a milestone like that is amazing to see.

Favorite ice cream?

opinion?
PM Link
Dang gg that’s a lot of posts. I’m slowly getting there and hopefully I will get as many posts xd
PM Link