Store
Subscribe
REMOVE ELO DECAY
Just to play devil's advocate (Since this is literally just a thread of +1s with hardly any reasoning) it seems to me like this would encourage competition in the ladders. Let's be honest, a bunch of players get a kit like archer to a decent spot, and then basically only play build for the rest of the season. Wouldn't this encourage players with higher elo to play these ladders? I don't play too often any more, but when I did, I would que for archer and either get someone who has never played it or a 2000. It would get people to keep playing the ladder in order to keep their spot. Also, it seems it doesn't even take effect if you play sometime once a week. I think the wording of the rule may have confused people. The way I read it, the "grace period" matches don't even start unless you don't play for 7 days. Now, what if you go on vacation? What if you're sick on the days you usually play? All completely valid questions. It is by no means a perfect rule, and theres a LOT of room for improvement, but it has positives too. I'm not even sure if I'm for or against this, but I just wanted to at least note the positives before everyone just decides they don't like it.
PM Link

DaBakerMC wrote

Kiivo wrote...

bc clans are alive, sg and ctf are the most played gamemodes on badlion, and ominous still stands the #1 clan on badlion!

wut?
PM Link
so basically your afraid to play ranked, and dont understand that this update is to prevent pussies like you from being at the top and being too scared to lose elo in block game.
PM Link

TheGromm wrote

Just to play devil's advocate (Since this is literally just a thread of +1s with hardly any reasoning) it seems to me like this would encourage competition in the ladders. Let's be honest, a bunch of players get a kit like archer to a decent spot, and then basically only play build for the rest of the season. Wouldn't this encourage players with higher elo to play these ladders? I don't play too often any more, but when I did, I would que for archer and either get someone who has never played it or a 2000. It would get people to keep playing the ladder in order to keep their spot. Also, it seems it doesn't even take effect if you play sometime once a week. I think the wording of the rule may have confused people. The way I read it, the "grace period" matches don't even start unless you don't play for 7 days. Now, what if you go on vacation? What if you're sick on the days you usually play? All completely valid questions. It is by no means a perfect rule, and theres a LOT of room for improvement, but it has positives too. I'm not even sure if I'm for or against this, but I just wanted to at least note the positives before everyone just decides they don't like it.

I feel like most people just don't play archer because its boring af
PM Link
Maybe that's the case for lots of people, but it's the same for every kit that isn't build. Encouraging people to play the other ladders can only end positively.
PM Link
a 7 day break?

honestly why are you being such a bitch about it
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

TheGromm wrote...

I feel like most people just don't play archer because its boring af

delete archer
PM Link
To be honest everyone who thinks elo decay is actually good is a 1200 or a kid who plays 5k matches per season lmaoo
PM Link
+1
PM Link

Landieh wrote

To be honest everyone who thinks elo decay is actually good is a 1200 or a kid who plays 5k matches per season lmaoo

How are you still not forum banned
PM Link

Pika12X wrote

Landieh wrote...

How are you still not forum banned
im thinking the same archy probs feel bad to ban me xd
PM Link

Shiftehh wrote

Idk how you guys can think it's a good idea unless your some cock sucking mod
PM Link
first the 3 global kits now this ;-;
PM Link

Adamful wrote

PM Link

Adamful wrote

Yeah…:/
PM Link

Shiftehh wrote

Adamful wrote...

Next thing you know, only your most recent 20 matches count for your elo!!!
PM Link

DaBakerMC wrote

Shiftehh wrote...

Next thing you know, only your most recent 20 matches count for your elo!!!

yeah and a new feature will have been added called "elo swap" where at the end of every week, your elo swaps with random player's elo!!!
PM Link

CraftyMC wrote

DaBakerMC wrote...

yeah and a new feature will have been added called "elo swap" where at the end of every week, your elo swaps with random player's elo!!!

+1
PM Link

CraftyMC wrote

DaBakerMC wrote...

+1
PM Link

Jezii wrote

ScrubV2 wrote...

I haven't played in ages and I come on to see some bullshit responses by staff members. Good to see that the staff are as clueless as ever. Atleast Badlion is consistent at having poor staff. Anyway, what the fuck is the point in that? Then no one is going to look at the decay elo, people will just ask for raw elo and compare people's raw elo stats. No one would give 2 shits about their decay elo. Smh.

Just because a Community Manager suggests information doesn't give you a right to call them out lol. If your going to be like that, then don't bother replying at all.
PM Link