Store
HELLO, ask me anything
Sorry for taking a while to respond to these… but I really am enjoying the questions. You guys ask tough questions that deserve tough answers, and this is a space in which I feel I can be honest about things. Sometimes I think that's what makes a good community - people who don't know each other well enough to be honest with each other, being honest with each other. It reminds me of a time and a community I quite enjoyed. Keep em coming.
PM Link

ElvenKing_ wrote

Best advice you can give to a High School senior?

Most proud accomplishment in life?

Biggest regret?

Thoughts on BLC 2.0 compared to 1.0?

Tbh I’m not sure if you even remember me much besides being your manager for 0.2 seconds, but opinion?

It's tempting to blow off the rest of high school. I would say, do, but only kind of. I think you should focus really hard on learning what you can in a relatively restful time of your life, that being the end of your senior year and the summer before college. Have a good time - make bonds where you can, because those friends you have from home will be very good peer support for when college gets tough in the fall. You'll be questioning a lot when you go to college, which I think is a good thing, but sometimes it makes life very hard and it's very nice to have fallback friends when you get in a fight with your new college friends. I also think that everything you force yourself to learn up until you get to college will definitely help you for once you get there. It's one less thing you'll have to do in the future, so… it's worth it. Learning something now vs. learning the same thing in the fall when you've got a test coming up next monday will be very different, so get every head start that you can possibly grasp. Also, I don't know what you want out of your college life (I just realized I assumed that you're going to college - sorry if you're not, but I still think this stuff will apply no matter what you do) but I'd say start experimenting with alcohol and maybe some light drugs in a safe, comfortable environment with people that care about you. If you already have a handle on those things, that's good, but if you don't, then you don't want college to be the place where you find out how you are with them. If you're annoying when you're drunk, it's better that you go to college knowing that, so that you don't overdo it and blow your shot with some people who you might want to make your friends. And enjoy yourself. Senior year and graduation summer are fun once you know where you're going in the fall.

That's a tough one. Unfortunately, it's most likely my Youtube channel. I haven't done much that I'd consider more noteworthy than what I've done in Minecraft… but in a way, I'm okay with that. There are also some more meaningful personal things I've done, like mend relationships with some of my family members, or form a team on that OCN server oh so long ago, but then we'd have to have a discussion about what is meaningful, what is success, and blah blah blah whatever yeah you get it

I've burned some bridges in my past that I didn't have to burn due to my pride and ego, and that is unfortunate. But I like my life, I like the way it's gone, and the mistakes I've made have made me wiser and stronger. So I'd say… I have none. I wouldn't like to diminish the poor choices I've made, but at the moment, every poor choice I've made has been more or less resolved. So it's all good.

If I'm being honest, I haven't kept up with the community very much at all, just looking at the Twitters of the more popular Minecrafters from time to time. So I've got no idea.

I have a very biased way of splitting staff into sections. It's very much about the era they joined the staff team, and also about how long they were staff. I usually associate the older staff as being better, because I think the staff team has gone through strong and weak stages, and I remember a time in which the staff team was very self-critical, and that was back a while ago. For a while, the staff team seemed to become biased and self-serving, but now (from my limited point of view) it seems to be better, stricter once again. And although I associate you with the newer wave of staff (I guess I'm an old timer now) you always seemed to me to act like the old staff that I so admired. I think you make a good staff member, although I don't know you well, you seem to be one of the more loyal and principle-driven staff, and that's what I like about you. I don't know you as a person, but I do think you make a good staff member.
PM Link
When I was an all-powerful KitPvP mod and Faction Warden, what was your opinion of me? How does that differ from your opinion of me now, all those years later?
PM Link

Pika12X wrote

Minecraft or memes
Dog or Cat
Opinion on minecraft's current state

memes, dog

I think it's declining, although frankly I'm not fully up to date. It looks like Hypixel is doing well, which is cool, but frankly Hypixel's most vicious competition isn't exactly my favorite place that competitive Minecraft has ever been. But hey, some is better than none. I think the more competitive brand of team Minecraft could make a come back, but nobody is inspired. Everybody has fallen so in love with how they were and Minecraft was in the past that they don't have any vision of what it could be in the future. And I think that's probably at the heart of the decline in interest of my brand of competition in Minecraft.
PM Link
PM Link

Hivlik wrote

Jordan Peterson been my guy as of late. I don't really know as for mainstream politics, I learn most of my politics from Youtube. I'd call myself a classical liberal

Hivlik wrote

Jordan peterson again I guess.. my mom.. my older brother.. I don't know really.

😭
PM Link
fav film?
PM Link
Opinion (if you even know me which you might not)?

How do you feel about the concept of CMs (how you first thought of them vs your current thoughts)?

What games (if any) have you been playing lately?

Do you regret not putting in as much time into high school as you could've (I remember hearing this in one of your videos, could be wrong)?
PM Link

Emogan wrote

Is there any minecraft knowledge you gained from your time here you can apply to real life?

In your eyes, what is the biggest global issue that needs to be handled above all others and made priority?

Is there one thing you see in a majority of people commonly that is annoying to you?

What teaching is school do you see as the most expendable.

How do you feel about current esports (besides minecraft) and the direction they are headed?

Opinion?

I always thought there would be, but… not really lol. I did carry some intuitions I got about statistics from elo, but then again I kind of brought those intuitions online from my statistics course so…. yeah pretty much just a waste of 4 years 😭

I got no idea. I hate politics, that shits too complicated for my wee brain.

Out here in Colorado a lot of people are way left on the political scale and I think it’s over done. I think people take certain sides on positions because it’s cool and they like to virtue signal and shit and it’s stupid

Damn… honestly, literature. I never saw it taught well in elementary, and people never took it seriously. I think it is more meaningful to teach it to kids who are a little older. But honestly I don’t know. Science before, like, 9th grade was always unbelievably useless. Actually I’d like to change my answer - “science” shouldn’t be taught. Rather, Physics and chemistry and biology should be taught.

Esports always seem to die out. Kinda sucks. It’s not the same at all as normal sports.

I don’t know you, but you seem like a competent guy from what I’ve seen of you. Always liked your username.
PM Link

Morsinius wrote

Hivlik wrote...

Hivlik wrote...

😭

Not a fan are we?
PM Link

cringiecake wrote

When I was an all-powerful KitPvP mod and Faction Warden, what was your opinion of me? How does that differ from your opinion of me now, all those years later?

I think I had a good notion of you way back in the day, because you always said your shit, you never let anybody get away with bull shit, and you weren’t blindly protective of the server or the owners. Now not so much. You’re washed up, and now you have to defend the owners’ decisions more because that’s the iconoclastic position, and you’re spellbound to iconoclasm.
PM Link

Metarus wrote

Opinion (if you even know me which you might not)?

How do you feel about the concept of CMs (how you first thought of them vs your current thoughts)?

What games (if any) have you been playing lately?

Do you regret not putting in as much time into high school as you could've (I remember hearing this in one of your videos, could be wrong)?

Seen your name around. No real opinion.

When they first came about, I was doubtful but hopeful. I thought they could possibly become a team of people to truly represent the community in the backroom of the staff team, but I knew it was more likely that they would just become another unhealthy, inactive branch of the staff team. And that’s what it became. It was never s good idea in concept, so of course in practice is was not any better.

I sort of cut video games out when I came to college. Then I started playing clash royale, but then I started playing clash royale too much, so I deleted it. Now sometimes I play fortnite on my friends’ PlayStations. Thats really it. It’s too easy to sink all your time into video games and not be social, so I decided not to do that now.

Yeah, I suppose. But I had such a good time playing minecraft for so long it’s hard to regret it. It would have been nice to get really good grades in high school, but… I don’t know if it ever would have happened really, even if I hadn’t binged minecraft for 4 years. It happens, life goes on.
PM Link

suot wrote

fav film?
not sure. Good will hunting has some fantastic acting in it. Interstellar, too.
PM Link

Hivlik wrote

cringiecake wrote...

I think I had a good notion of you way back in the day, because you always said your shit, you never let anybody get away with bull shit, and you weren’t blindly protective of the server or the owners. Now not so much. You’re washed up, and now you have to defend the owners’ decisions more because that’s the iconoclastic position, and you’re spellbound to iconoclasm.

There are plenty of criticisms to be made of the state of the server, but I negatively respond to people who criticise them on the forums because they don't do it effectively and is essentially a glorified moan, not helpful feedback.

Anonymous Quote

Now not so much

You should see me in PC chat.
There are rules now concerning how i behave. Well, there have always been the same rules for staff members, but now they are actually enforced instead of a wee comment on mumble/ts or skype by your admin. Have to stay professional yo
PM Link
opinion
what is the biggest change you thought you were gonna hate but ended up liking
fav TV show
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

cringiecake wrote

Hivlik wrote...

There are plenty of criticisms to be made of the state of the server, but I negatively respond to people who criticise them on the forums because they don't do it effectively and is essentially a glorified moan, not helpful feedback.

Anonymous Quote...

You should see me in PC chat.
There are rules now concerning how i behave. Well, there have always been the same rules for staff members, but now they are actually enforced instead of a wee comment on mumble/ts or skype by your admin. Have to stay professional yo

Players aren't required to give helpful feedback. It is the server's duty not only to please the player, but also to fish out serious criticism from childish complaints.
PM Link

Saimo wrote

opinion
what is the biggest change you thought you were gonna hate but ended up liking
fav TV show

I go back and forth on you… sometimes you say good shit, sometimes you say bad shit. Dunno

Skywars ladder… w/o a question lol

Probably Bojack Horseman right around now. It's got some great shit in there.
PM Link
opinion? you may of remembered me from s11 ish i was stheegodla / considerations
thoughts on tournament team
fav pepper
fav onion
fav water
PM Link