Store
UHC Update: 7.0 Release & new Battle Royale Game

Hey guys,
Today I am happy to announce the release of UHC 7.0! In this update we’ve changed UHC itself, the hosting schedule and added a new minigame called UHC Battle Royale. While the update goes live right now, the end of the UHC season will occur in just under 2 weeks from now. After the Champions games the season and its stats will be reset.

UHC 7.0

What we have found over the last few months is that UHC’s META has slowly shifted towards caving the entire game. However we’ve always seen the beauty in many styles of play being feasible to get a player their win. We believe with this new update we’ve highly nerfed the caving strategy while keeping caving fun and easy like 6.0. Instead of only nerfing caving, we’ve also lowered the risk of fighting! From now on our new Anti-Burn and Anti-Clean system gives you more security when entering a fight. We hope all these changes make UHC more dynamic and fluent. These are all the changes opposed to UHC 6.0:

World Gen:

- Cave spawning has been decreased yet is still higher than 5.0
- All ore spawning, besides diamonds, has been decreased
- XP obtained from all ores has been decreased
- Sugar cane, cow and horse spawning has been decreased
- Bookcases drop a singular book upon mining them

Anti-Burn

From now on all loot from a kill drops in a chest. With that it allows us to add any valuable items that the player burnt before his death to be added back to the loot. Besides it negating any kind of griefing of loot it also has extra benefits with our new Anti-Clean system.

Anti-Clean

From now on all UHC and UHC derived mini games will have our Anti-Clean system implemented in game. This system allows for fights to be safer as it heavily decreases any incentive to clean. However it does not get rid of cleaning as a whole. We believe we’ve found a middle ground which could make both parties, in favour of and against cleaning, happy.

Whenever a player dies, the kill is rewarded not to the player who dealt the last bit of damage, yet the kill is rewarded to the player that did most damage 30 seconds prior to the death. The player that gets granted the kill then receives ten seconds of No-Clean and sole access to the chest of loot. This new system gives every player who fought fair and square the actual kill and a ten second window of either healing up, looting or both.

New Portal Trapping rule

We’ve had many confusion on how the portal trapping rule works. Therefor we decided to change this rule and it will go in affect instantly. Together with this rule change we also implemented a new system where any blocks placed near a portal in the Nether will disappear after a few seconds.

Old rule

”UHC Rule 6” wrote

Portal trapping is a 7 day ban. Portal camping is allowed.

New Rule

”UHC Rule 6” wrote

Portal trapping is not allowed and will result in a temporary ban. Portal trapping means placing any type of blocks near the portal to block of the exists. Portal camping is allowed.

Other changes

- UHC will no longer be using the Deathmatch system introduced in 6.0 but for community games hosts can still enable this if they want
- Timebombs no longer do world damage inside 100x100 to stop the world from being horrible in the final fights
- Special config changes like nether off, god apples, absorption off and so on now show in the ingame menu showing the active/upcoming uhc games
- When you are tped above lava (on any form of tp in the game) an obsidian platform will be formed below you
- The twitter bot will now also show the hostnames in the tweets

Coming Soon: UHC Battle Royale

Some might say the changes we’ve pushed above are rather big. They are however a numbed down version of all changes I had in mind for UHC as a whole. I believe that UHC, like other Battle Royale games, should be fast paced with a high skill ceiling. Something I find we’ve lost along the way. It is my hope that this new game does bring this with it. Battle Royale is at its final stages of development, we're looking to launch it very soon!

Config

- Slots: 100
- World gen: 7.0 caves with surface level of y-45.
- Border: 1000 radius.
- Shrink: The border is ever shrinking and when running outside the border damage is dealt to the player. By the 40th minute the border arrives at 100 radius where it takes a slow halt to then further shrink to 50 and later 25 radius.
- Kill Rewards: A kill drops 2 diamonds, a golden head and 2 levels besides the players loot.
- Airdrops: Every 5 minutes there is a loot crate that drops in each quadrant, coordinated are broadcasted to nearby players. Once border is 500 or smaller it will only drop an airdrop in each half part of the map.

Standard Gamemodes

- CutClean: all ores and food drops in its smelted form
- Hasty Boys: All crafted tools get efficiency 3 unbreaking 1.
- Diamond Dust: When mining a diamond a diamond dust drops. A diamond is crafted by 4 diamond dusts.

New Hosting Schedule

From now on every hour, at the hour, there is a UHC host slot. This instead of the 15, 30 or 45 minute past slots we had before. We believe this schedule will make more sense for people new to Badlion.
UHC Battle Royale games will be hosted automatically every hour at :30. Dependant on fills these games will be hosted more or less frequently.

UHC Meetup

Like mentioned above the new Anti-Clean & Anti-Burn logic have been implemented into all UHC styled games so from now on these are also active in UHC Meetup games. We also removed the old UHC Meetup and made Mini UHC Meetup the new main UHC Meetup. Another small change we did is remove the enchantment table from the loot since we felt like it didn’t really have a big use.

Feedback!

All of the changes above are rather big changes. We therefore ask a lot of feedback from all of you. Don’t hesitate to write forum posts, DM staff including myself, or even tweet at us. The coming weeks of this update we’re looking to further tweak and change anything to improve UHC as a whole!
PM Link
1st and Hyped
PM Link
Sounds good!
PM Link
yay
PM Link
ahh
PM Link
I like it!
PM Link
sugarcane rates are baddddd
PM Link
Hype!
PM Link
hype, it will maybe make me play UHC :)
PM Link
Excited!
PM Link
Will UHC Meetup levels be added to Mini UHC Meetup levels? Or will they just be lost.
PM Link
Hype!
PM Link
HYPE
PM Link
Looks amazing!
PM Link
NİCE
PM Link
Interesting
PM Link
HYPE !
PM Link
I think you should keep the chance of getting books the same and keep the cow and sugar cane rates the same they were perfect, however I love the anti burn thing because last game a kid drained me to 2 gaps and then went in a cave and jumped in lava because Im guessing he had no healing, but I didn't get the kill, and didn't get the loot. Also I loved UHC Meetup and I hope this will motivate people to play again!
PM Link
Sounds good, Well done! Hype :3
PM Link
Hype!
PM Link