Store
Players Online: 49.8k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
MMR vs ELO - Whats better?

officialarrow wrote

holy shit i havent played the game or been on the fourms for atleast 6 months and this conversation is still going on

Are you dumb or something? I just asked about your opinion about it and vote what you enjoy more. This aint a thread where I say I want MMR for some shitty reason. No need to be negative all the time…
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
mmr is all about playing more to get higher in the leader-boards its not as fun elo is if ur good ur a gonna have high stats end offff. shit idea from a shit player not trying to be nasty but ur freLO
PM Link

Awizeuh wrote

mmr is better just add coal,platinium,shaphire and grandmaster

YEAH
PM Link

NastyHulk wrote

mmr is all about playing more to get higher in the leader-boards its not as fun elo is if ur good ur a gonna have high stats end offff. shit idea from a shit player not trying to be nasty but ur freLO

Stop shittalking lmfao. Its a thread where I asked you to vote. Not your opinion about my skills. You clearly know nothing about ELO btw. Look at my BedWars stats. I get 1 ELO from 1900(or less) and -32 from 1900(or less).How is ELO better then?
PM Link
MMR
PM Link

portes wrote

MMR

+2
PM Link
mmr +1
PM Link

tahppp wrote

KEERQQ wrote...

shut up bosnian retard go outside i 10d u twice in archer hahaa gggggggg

Are you talking about Kera or me?
PM Link

tahppp wrote

KEERQQ wrote...

shut up bosnian retard go outside i 10d u twice in archer hahaa gggggggg

I'm going to report you to forum ban you.
PM Link

KEERQQ wrote

tahppp wrote...

I'm going to report you to forum ban you.
go ahead kid im not doing anything wrong
PM Link

tahppp wrote

KEERQQ wrote...

go ahead kid im not doing anything wrong

Lol yeah KERA is really retarded. Nobody likes him…
PM Link

Bluiishh wrote

tahppp wrote...

Lol yeah KERA is really retarded. Nobody likes him…

Ok
PM Link

tahppp wrote

mmr +1

I feel like everybody likes MMR now…
PM Link
I prefer ELO, but not this system. If a randy of 1400 ELO wins me because they're very pro and it's their first time and I'm 1950+, I lose 31 points with no chance of recovering my ELO on them. Maybe you may think "Yes, it's fair, because there's no way of knowing if they're pro or noob". OK, you're quite right. But there's no actual solution in the nowadays system. I purpose DA adjustment that should be made in my opinion: base the ELO system in consistency (see this chess websitefor more clarification). That means that, if you have 0 ranked matches played and you win a player with 1950+, you get a lot of ELO so that you get closer to your real ELO very quickly, and the loser, as he will have had to play a lot to get to there, his punctuation will get slightly lower (not as if he has lost to someone their level but less than now). Example of me in my first Racing King's game :D

This change in the ELO system will also encourage players with much punctuation to enable the fair match opponent mode, as, if you lose, you won't lose 16 ELO, because of your consistency.

Maybe MMR could be also a solution, but as I do not now it quite well, I would choose the system I've just explained.
PM Link

fulanit0 wrote

I prefer ELO, but not this system. If a randy of 1400 ELO wins me because they're very pro and it's their first time and I'm 1950+, I lose 31 points with no chance of recovering my ELO on them. Maybe you may think "Yes, it's fair, because there's no way of knowing if they're pro or noob". OK, you're quite right. But there's no actual solution in the nowadays system. I purpose DA adjustment that should be made in my opinion: base the ELO system in consistency (see this chess websitefor more clarification). That means that, if you have 0 ranked matches played and you win a player with 1950+, you get a lot of ELO so that you get closer to your real ELO very quickly, and the loser, as he will have had to play a lot to get to there, his punctuation will get slightly lower (not as if he has lost to someone their level but less than now). Example of me in my first Racing King's game :D

This change in the ELO system will also encourage players with much punctuation to enable the fair match opponent mode, as, if you lose, you won't lose 16 ELO, because of your consistency.

Maybe MMR could be also a solution, but as I do not now it quite well, I would choose the system I've just explained.

I still prefer MMR.

The matchmaking system [not placed] is REALLY good since you only fight like s4-gold3s. Thats a simple small and perm solution for the thing you said.
PM Link

MaskedBeauty wrote

MMR is superior however players like eLO

MMR IS THE SUPERIOR
PM Link

DKN wrote

MaskedBeauty wrote...

MMR IS THE SUPERIOR

MMR IS OUR KING
PM Link
MMR
IS
NOT
COMING
BACK

just accept what we have instead of complaining about what rating system the server uses. The worst players are still at the bottom and the best players are still at the top.
PM Link

jarecl wrote

MMR
IS
NOT
COMING
BACK

just accept what we have instead of complaining about what rating system the server uses. The worst players are still at the bottom and the best players are still at the top.

They said the same thing about elo not coming back, and here we are with elo back so….
PM Link