Store
My problem with Flame Wings
A few minutes ago I saw that they have added new wings.
I saw a picture of those new flame wings and I thought "Oh, it looks pretty! I should buy it now!".

When I bought it, I was kinda disappointed. Wings look *small* for that amount of money.

In this picture they look big and fancy:

And here they look small. I would say they look smaller than normal wings which are cheaper.

So yeah, my suggestion is to make Flame Wings bigger or add an option for us to change the size of wings.
PM Link
+1 I must agree with this. Making them bigger than dragon wings would be better at this point
PM Link
I hope this thread doesn't get ignored just like it happened to my previous thread.
PM Link
I will forward it to see if something can be done about the size.
PM Link
Will investigate this. I imagine we can probably double them easily (or make an option to double them in Betteframes menu).
PM Link
The option to put your cape over it would be good too.
PM Link
I think the wings just look small in your screenshot because of your FOV settings. Here are some screenshots comparing the Dragon Wings with the new Fire Wings.

First two screenshots are at normal FOV

Last two screenshots are at max FOV

Let me know what changes you think we should make to them.
PM Link
^ tl;dr max FOV makes everything looks small…not too much we can do there…we can increase it a bit depending on opinion.
PM Link
@git
the option to add your cape over it would be nice :')
PM Link

Width for both wings are okay (1) but the part I am disappointed about is height (2) for the Flame wings.
If there won't be any changes, I can live with it. Not sure about others tho.
I bet there are more people who are "kinda disappointed".

Next time post a screenshot in the shop or somewhere (but take a note that not everyone checks your twitter) of cosmetics so people can see how they look before buying. - just a suggestion.
PM Link
+1
PM Link
The FOV doesn't change anything whether it's at 30 or 110. They look thin no matter what.

Suggestion:

I added the top part of the wings so they don't look cut. (Don't mind the editing. I just added parts together without matching the colors)
Talking about the size - width is good enough, increase the height
PM Link
^I edited the screenshot which was posted by AngelPaws
I tried to increase the height for the wings.

Original wings:

Edited wings (by AngelPaws and UnknownFact)
PM Link
I will talk with our graphics designer and see what we can or can't do here. We have other cosmetics we are focussing on at the moment and we already spent a LOT of time to make the flame wings as nice as they are (we went through like 5-10 iterations to get it nice).

The fastest/easiest thing for us to do is just increase both the height and the width, it is 2:1 (width:height), so we could just boost each by 20-30% and that might be sufficient for now. Modifying the actual textures we use will take more time because our graphics designer will have to go back and start adding more to the original design and all 4 layers (there are actually 4 layers to these wings, but they are still somewhat 2dish as 3d looked like crap for flame wings [we tried this too])
PM Link
Wouldn't it be better to do a small testing on some people (not just staff) before releasing the cosmetic next time?
They would give their opinion and You would have time to change things before You start making something new.
PM Link

UnknownFact wrote

Wouldn't it be better to do a small testing on some people (not just staff) before releasing the cosmetic next time?
They would give their opinion and You would have time to change things before You start making something new.

We do our testing with the tester group for a good reason. Changes we have already made was on feedback from multiple sources. This is uncharted territory for us in terms of cosmetics, so there will needless to say be plenty of room for improvement.

We are investigating what we can do to further improve the wings though. Good discussion like this thread helps guide as to what the community wants.
PM Link
+1 if its possible to do lol
PM Link
So what we came back with on this is that we can:

1) Make them a bit bigger (both vertical + horizontal or the image will be stretched)
2) Can look into redoing/cleaning them up more towards the start of 2019 (we have too many things in the works at the moment towards the holiday season that we need to complete first).

#1 is something we can do very fast/easily…just need a % of increase we should go for.
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

So what we came back with on this is that we can:

1) Make them a bit bigger (both vertical + horizontal or the image will be stretched)
2) Can look into redoing/cleaning them up more towards the start of 2019 (we have too many things in the works at the moment towards the holiday season that we need to complete first).

#1 is something we can do very fast/easily…just need a % of increase we should go for.

10% would maybe fit.
PM Link
Make a voting thingy or something so players can vote how big they want wings to be.
PM Link