Store
Badlion Client 2.4 - Happy Holidays

Hey everyone! Happy Holidays! I am extremely excited to share our latest work on the Badlion Client right before Christmas is here!

Our annual Holiday Sale starts today! If you want to help support our work here at Badlion consider buying something on our shop for the holiday season: https://store.badlion.net/

Without further ado, the patch notes.

New Mod Slideout

We have been very hard at work the past few months redoing our mod slideout menu to come up with a cleaner and easier to use design than the original one. There are a lot of benefits for us, the development team, with this new slideout menu too. It will make supporting future Minecraft versions way easier.

We have also taken some time to re-organize some of the elements on the slideout menu as well to make it easier to find what you are looking for. Some features were just shoved onto the Betterframes menu that didn't really make sense there, which has now been re-labeled to FPS (still called Betterframes inside of it).

Take some time to appreciate the true beauty of this new menu appearance and let us know what you think below!

Insider Feature - Icons above heads!

At long last, you can show off your support of the Badlion Client in style with your Insider rank! You will now have a cool Insider icon next to your name at all times that anyone who is using the Badlion Client will see. This is just our way of saying thanks for helping us to develop this client!

Insider Feature - Custom Name Messages

We have added a new feature for all Insider users to be able to write a custom message above your head on the Badlion Client! This custom message will be rendered above your head for all players to see who are using the Badlion Client. You can customize the message with up to 32 characters (this does not include color codes!). If you want to display the sample message in the picture above you would use the following text inside of the new Insider Menu on the slideout "&2I &4<3 &1BLC &62.4&5!" (without " marks). This only counts as 13 characters (color codes don't count).

Buy Insider rank today to unlock this feature on your account: https://store.badlion.net/category/insider

LevelHead

Levelhead, the popular Minecraft mod for Hypixel, created by Sk1er, is now supported on Badlion Client! You can now see what level everyone is around you on Hypixel's servers. You can also see other things like karma, achievement points, friends, quests, wins, total coins, total kills, guild, or guild level if you don't want to see player levels.

We will look into supporting more options later on to stack on top of each other (was actually planned already before Sk1er's 6.0 release). This will probably be part of the Insider rank to display more than one feature at a time on Badlion Client though.

Thanks for helping us to get this live Sk1er :)

AutoTip

Autotip, another super popular Hypixel mod, is also now available on the Badlion Client. With this mod enabled you will automatically tip players on the Hypixel server that are eligible for tipping and earn some free rewards on Hypixel as a result. Thanks to Semx11 who helped us to make this possible with the Autotip 3.0 plugin.

Reach Display Mod

Myth Busters time! There is no legit reach range in Minecraft higher than 3.00 (except in Creative mode which is higher)! Now you can see how far your opponent was when you landed your attack on them.

Particles Mod

Do you like particles? We do too! You can now always have sharpness particles appear when you attack someone. You can also now choose how many extra particles you want to show up when attacking someone up to 15x.

ShinyPots Mod

A feature long forgotten from Badlion Client 1.2 has finally made it's return! You can now enable ShinyPots on the Badlion Client and have your potions shine in style! *Cues Music*

C Counter

We have added a C counter due to popular demand to the Coordinates mod. You can now have an easier time discovering caves in UHC matches! Have fun!

ToggleSneak Update

We finally have proper full support for the ToggleSneak mod! You can now hold the key down and not have it toggle the sneak function on accident.

Shields

We now support Shields on Badlion Client! This brand new cosmetic is only for show currently on the Badlion Client, but will soon be integrated into 1.12 and higher to actually replace the shield item in game! More information coming on this at a later time/date!

Cloaks + Wings

You can now use Cloaks and Wings together at the same time. This has been a feature request for a long time and we finally have gotten around to it. Just because something is not done on day 1, does not mean it is not on our list to accomplish.

Launcher Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Discord settings would not save properly on the Badlion Client
  • Fixed an issue where you could not add Minecraft profiles to the Badlion Client directly when trying to register
  • Fixed an issue where logging in the first time with your Minecraft account on Badlion Client did not work
  • Fixed a random issue for a few users who could not launch the Badlion Client at all

• Minecraft Fixes

• [All] Fixed "default" scoreboard system
  • [All] Fixed issue with multiplayer menu randomly having buttons flashing
  • [All] Fixed issue where waypoints would still render even if force disabled on direction/minimap mods
  • [All] Fixed inconsistency issue where cloaks would randomly get lighter or darker depending on if you were holding an item or not
  • [All] Fixed an issue where you could see extra information in the multiplayer menu when using the buttons at the bottom
  • [All] Fixed an issue where the direction color and hide xyz options did not work
  • [All] Fixed an issue where you could not use ctrl + backspace in the new chat to delete a whole word
  • [All] Fixed misc coloring issues with various components in the client
  • [All] Fixed an issue where animation settings would not save between restarts of BLC
  • [All] Fixed an issue where soup itemcounter was not working
  • [All] Fixed an issue where sorting resources packs did not work
  • [All] Fixed an issue where the scoreboard size would not be saved
  • [All] Fixed an issue with the perspective mod not working nicely with chat open
  • [All] Fixed an issue with the item counter not properly counting food
  • [All] Fixed an issue where certain locales would crash the client
  • [All] Fixed an issue where a : in a chat message would open a tab on accident in the new chat
  • [All] Fixed an issue where ping could be see through the menu when it should not be
  • [All] Fixed an issue where the Badlion Client would crash if our menu service was offline
  • [1.12] Fixed an issue where scoreboards would appear two times

• Other Fixes

• Fixed an issue on the store where you could not purchase a cosmetic item for multiple accounts from the same account
  • Fixed an issue on the store where out of date usernames were being used sometimes
  • Fixed an issue that prevent users from registering on the Badlion website if they were using unicode in their passwords

• Added a Reconnect/Retry button if you get disconnected from a server or fail to connect

• Further Menu Improvements

We are hard at work to polish up the appearance of several parts of the Badlion Client. The first iteration was cleaning up the original mod menu system which was built on some legacy software that we no longer use inside of the client anywhere.

The next step for us is to continue to improve menus like the Chat & Friends features. We want to make the client really feel native to all users. One of the changes we are working towards is taking advantage of people's monitor sizes. This was something we overlooked when implementing the new chat system for small monitors.

Future Minecraft Version Support

We are working to improve how we program our features for the Minecraft client to better handle updates in the future. Right now things are kind of a mess internally with how we support 1.7/1.8/1.12 and after doing this for 6 months or so we have a really good idea how to support all versions of Minecraft (in theory) over time. We are spending some of our time re-coding a few things in our client to make this easier for us. You won't notice a difference as a user, but it was worth mentioning here.

• Badlion Client can't bench double its own weight yet.

• We are super excited with all of the growth for Badlion Client this year. Our initial launch was back in April with the beta for 2.0 and we have managed to grow the Badlion Client user base by 20x since then. We are looking forward to continuing to add new features for the Badlion Client in 2019 and continue to provide this awesome Minecraft client to the community.

Have a Happy Holidays and a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!

~Adam
    PM Link
    yesss I've waited for this update for monthessss thank you!!!
    PM Link
    Plz return badlion cloak plz
    PM Link
    Awesome! 🔥
    PM Link
    Insane
    PM Link
    omg
    PM Link
    The bug where chat opens when you click still hasn't been fixed and I made a bug report on it ages ago.
    PM Link

Daigo wrote

The bug where chat opens when you click still hasn't been fixed and I made a bug report on it ages ago.

It is still on our TODO list.
    PM Link
    where is the DL?
    PM Link
    Yo why I continue using 2.3, update didnt apply
    PM Link
    Good
    PM Link
    Also I don't know if it's a bug but my internet randomly cuts out and I have to put my machine into sleep mode for about 30 seconds, when I open it back up and rejoin a server, all my way points are gone. I can't really submit a bug report because it doesn't crash it.
    PM Link

hawai5_0 wrote

Yo why I continue using 2.3, update didnt apply

It clearly shows 2.4 in the title bar.

The new slideout is only available currently for 1.8. It will be made available to 1.7 and 1.12 in 2.5
    PM Link
    its a good update
    PM Link
    Great update to the client, but the bow animations. For 1.8 isnt working
    PM Link

usefulLynx65084 wrote

its a good update

yeah doesn't work for me either.
    PM Link
    sick update
    PM Link
    Idk if this is a bug or not, but the ability to move around the scoreboard is now gone and I personally used it but now I can't ;-;
    PM Link
    I can't seem to find ToggleSprint, does BLC have it? If so, How do I get to it?
    PM Link

ItzKyfry wrote

Idk if this is a bug or not, but the ability to move around the scoreboard is now gone and I personally used it but now I can't ;-;

Disable "Default Position" in the scoreboard mod and then you will be able to move it around with the GUI editing feature.
    PM Link