Store
Players Online: 69.9k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
Badlion Client and COVID-19
Hey everyone. I wanted to just give a quick update to the COVID-19 status and how it's affecting Badlion Client. I'm sure everyone is tired at this point on reading emails regarding this topic, so I will do my best to keep it short and simple here.

Recent Downtimes

Cosmetic Outage on March 14th: Lasted 30 Minutes

Last weekend on Saturday in the evening we had one of our servers crash from too high of a user load count. This server hosted several of our services including cosmetics, friends, and more. We had a long time TODO ticket to split this onto separate boxes and just had been pushing it off. On Sunday morning we migrated these services onto individual boxes with more capacity in order to ensure that they remain online and functional during this higher user count period. This will now prevent one service from crashing other services if the load on it becomes too high. Finally get to close that ticket \o/

Client Services Outage on March 17th: Lasted 1 Hour

Yesterday around 8 PM CET (3 PM EDT, 12 PM PDT) we had an outage from breaking 50K users on our infrastructure. Our devops team was immediately notified of the increased load on our infrastructure and immediately began working on adding more capacity in order to ensure our main proxies which tunnel all of your network requests to the correct location. Within an hour we had spun up two additional servers and raised our capacity limit from 50K up to 74K. We are going to continue to monitor this situation and verify no other services are getting close to their limits.

Keeping our Employees Safe

As many of you know, the Badlion Client team is in a completely remote environment. All of our team members work from home, and are being cautious with the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are all respecting local policies being placed by our various governments in order to meet compliance during this time. We also have been working closely with any of our team members who are traveling, in order to ensure they get home safe, sound, and healthy most of all.

Keeping our Community Happy

We are doing our best during this difficult time to try and focus on keeping our infrastructure stable so that all of you can continue to enjoy your Minecraft adventures while you are spending extra time at the computer. We will be doing everything we can to help users pass time by with a better Minecraft experience on the Badlion Client. We are working on finishing up the Badlion Client 2.13 update which will be going out to the public soon. We will then continue to be committed to working on BLC 2.14 as we continue in the background to work on Badlion Client 3.0 which is scheduled for a release later this year.

Conclusion

Make sure to keep yourself safe by following any local policies enacted by your government during the coming weeks. We will continue to be here and do our best to serve the Minecraft community as we can during this time.

Thanks.

~Adam
PM Link
<3
PM Link
MasterGberry When i'm playing on a server sometimes when i place a block my screen freezes for like 1s like it lags so bad and my Name is Adam too :D
PM Link
And i wanna say that this client is very good keep up the good work and Stay Safe #Stay Home :D
PM Link
Thank you for going to the extra measure to make sure all of the team members who are travelling get home safe. I respect that.
Also, I have an idea for the Badlion Client. Can you add a scroll able tooltips mod? There are a lot of people who use your client while playing Hypixel skyblock and most of the time the tooltips go off of the screen, so this would be a very nice addition to the Badlion Client.

Thank you for listening,
Brix
PM Link
<3
PM Link
MasterGberry you should change your Storm Tropper to have a mask on for the corona. It would be very funny.
PM Link
<3
PM Link
Didn't know that COVID-19 would effect Minecraft and Badlion for that matter…
Im currently self-isolating to provent myself from getting the Coronavirus. I didn't expect the virus to spread this quickly.
Stay safe out there badlion team! !

-Alex :D
PM Link
<3
PM Link
Wow, i diden't think that it would affect minecraft and badlion, i hope everything will be ok <3 <3 <3

- BlueberryTech
PM Link
Stay Save <3
PM Link
<3
PM Link
<3
PM Link
😊
PM Link
;O
PM Link
While I was playing on Badlion, My whole city's power went off yesterday night.
PM Link
I can't believe we hit over 50k. I was there a few days ago and it was insane. In the beginning of 2020, we were thinking of only hitting 40k by this summer; cool updates and (unfortunately) coronavirus helped this ;).
PM Link
<3
PM Link
<3
PM Link