Store
The purpose of a final heal
It seems like way too many people get pissed off at me for giving a 1 minute heal in my games and I felt like this should be addressed.

The Purpose:

The main reason (and the only one I personally know of) for a 10 minute heal was because the server back then used to get a lot of block lag at the first 10 minutes of the game which would cause players to take unfair suffocation damage, to counter it, the hosts used to give a final heal 10 minute heals.

The Present:

Now days the servers are more then capable to hold 300+ players without major lag that would cause the players to take unfair damage(With the exception of the last few days because of ddos attacks, I have been giving 10 minute heals in those).

So I just give a 1 minute final heal which I wouldn't normally even give that but since the Badlion players are so used to having a final heal I just do it which leads me to the problem:

The Problem:

Most Badlion UHC players are already used to getting a 10 minute heal, so when I say I'm only giving a 1 minute heal some of them flip out, I always tell them that if they'd give me a good reason why a final 10 minute heal should be there then I would do it, and I never got the answer.

So I'm asking here: Why is it that you guys really want a 10 minute heal? I know it's easier for the player because if they take damage early it wouldn't matter for them, but for the players who are good at PvE it's just a disadvantage because if they didn't take any damage they should have had an advantage over the players who did take damage, and we must remember what UHC stands for "Ultra Hard Core" it's meant to be hard, and it was first designed as a PvE gamemode, so please, before you rage at me for not giving a 10 minute heal first give me a good reason for why I should.

PM Link
no reason, do 10 seconds final heal.
PM Link

Ofir____________ wrote

no reason, do 10 seconds final heal.

+1
PM Link
Oh, since we are talking about healing, I joined a UHC late yesterday day (donor +) and I took 1 heart from fall and there was no 20 minute heal obviously, and I joined at 18 minutes. So basically what I am asking is that when donor + members join late, they get healed after 10 seconds of logging in to prevent unfair PVE damage. Thanks.
PM Link
The thing is that Donor+ people shouldn't be able to join games 20 minutes after it starts, as that's when PvP is turned on usually. It should be only 15 minutes so that stacked people can't farm heads when Donor+ get spawned in with a low chance of being next to them.
PM Link
I agree with this. I've been starting to do 5 min. heals and I might even start doing 1. Now that the server can handle 300+ players the final heal at 10 min. isn't really needed anymore.
PM Link
Many that have been around a while know that I used to do 5 minute heals. It was considered bad to do it any less than 10 then, but now the server has the capability to handle the players it has. One thing does need to remain the same, it needs to be, more or less, standardized. As I was in favor of shortening the time even a few months ago, I am in favor of it now. Perhaps the players would like us to ease them off of ten by getting consistently shorter heal times over say a month? Any community input is greatly appreciated.
PM Link

TheGromm wrote

Many that have been around a while know that I used to do 5 minute heals. It was considered bad to do it any less than 10 then, but now the server has the capability to handle the players it has. One thing does need to remain the same, it needs to be, more or less, standardized. As I was in favor of shortening the time even a few months ago, I am in favor of it now. Perhaps the players would like us to ease them off of ten by getting consistently shorter heal times over say a month? Any community input is greatly appreciated.

Totally agree :D let the noobs die off quicker
PM Link
One more thing a /heal does is update the health lists on the scoreboard. Otherwise the people at full would be listed at 0 until they took damage. THIS is the main reason for a final heal
PM Link
I personally don't see the point in ten minute heals but people have gotten so used to them that at this point it's difficult to take them away.
PM Link
I agree and actually prefer the 1 minute heal. I see it as the heal when people take like half heart to fall dmg
PM Link
My suggestion at this time is to have designated HARDCORE games and list them as such in the calendar. That way players know ahead of time what they're in for and chose to play the game or pass. These hardcore games would have a heal within the first minute and no or very little food (no food at all would be unfair to those spawning in deserts and mesas for instance.) I know JJPivot tried this the other day after I suggested it and it was well received.
PM Link
Easy uhc- 10 minute heal for scrubs
Moderate uhc- 5 minute heal for accidental dmg
Original uhc- 5 second heal for the OG players
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
I like the heal cuz in uhc I have a glitch where my health doesn't go up and I have full meat bars
PM Link

CadeBoss425 wrote

I like the heal cuz in uhc I have a glitch where my health doesn't go up and I have full meat bars

….
In UHC mode, health does not regenerate, you must use a golden apple, golden head, or instant health potion.
PM Link
^ @BeQuan
PM Link
Okay so the main and only reason i can think of that makes sense is that you are basically the only host who does a 1 min heal, maybe a few others, So put it this way, me and all the other donators and stuff play this server alot, like alot so we are use to seeing the rules typed in chat every single game and after a while we just dont look at them because its pointless, some even mute the chat so there isnt spam, now the only reason i think it should be mandatory is that its already indented into everyones brains that there is a 10min heal, so we forget that you are the host until 10 mins is up and our stupid fall damage that we have taken on purpose is not healed up, i think it should just be a set of rules for every game so that we dont always have to check on the host to see what new rules are in the game, just my thoughts and also u would get a whole lot less hate from people radical i can guarantee that.
PM Link