Store
Alternative to /report
I am proposing a new command on Badlion, as a further attempt to solve the hacker problem in the community. The bottom line is that people want hackers banned and off the servers entirely (at least the majority do) so this command is an attempt to help fellow moderators and hosts catch hackers with the players’ help.
The command that I am proposing is “/l” (lowercase “L” if you couldn’t tell). The letter does not stand for anything but is in the best position for the two most common play styles for a QWERTY keyboard, WASD and Arrow Keys. It is in the middle of the two and is in a good position for it. Additionally I don’t know anyone that uses a DVORAK keyboard but please let me know if you do, I would be very interested in it! Back to the point, I don’t mind what letter it is as long as it is only one letter and is in the right side of a QWERTY keyboard. So what does this command do? Well, as it says in the thread title, it is an alternative to /report, a shorter and quicker one. What this command would do is that it would send an alert to the moderators/hosts saying something along the lines of “[ALERT] [Player’s IGN] requires assistance!” The mod/host could teleport and find a player running away from another player or similar and check out the scene and try to spot any hacking used a player nearby. There wouldn’t be a need to type out the player’s IGN that you are reporting, it would just be like saying “MOD TP” but just without the mute and much more effective because myself and a lot of us included, hate getting killed by hackers, especially in a UHC, even more so if the hacks are blatant. It would be like /helpop, just shorter and without the message. And anyway there is a chance of typing /helpop or /report incorrectly which would make the attempt ineffective, leading to no real benefit for the player. A shorter version of this would be better which is exactly what “/l” does.
So, some pros and cons:
Pros
  • Easier access to get a moderator/host’s attention without being muted for Hackusation which would mean less reason to get muted and therefore cleaner punishment pages and less extended/perma mutes will be have to be issued
  • Quicker and easier for the player to type
  • Can be reported during the hacker is actually hacking which can mean that finding evidence is easier as you can catch the hacker in the act rather than following them for several minutes waiting for them to turn their hacks back on.
  • The player being hacked on has a chance of not dying in a UHC

Cons
  • Could be spammed but can be solved by just allowing it every 5 minutes, as it is for /report.
  • Doesn’t provide any specific information about the hacks that the mod/host should look out for
  • Could be used as a troll but this is also true with /report as a friend could just report a friend just to troll and mess around

These are just my thoughts, the bulk of it would’ve been longer but my browser closed when I was doing the Pros and Cons the first time around (you have no fkn idea how annoying that was) and I couldn’t be bothered to type the whole thing out again. All in all, I would like opinions, and if this has already been suggested, whoops but to my knowledge this is original.
Thanks for reading!

PM Link
+1
PM Link
-+1, I hate this because MANY people will definitely spam it to troll mods. (And you can't tell who's trolling and who's genuinely requesting help) But I like the idea of a quicker /report, maybe /l will replace /report but it with bring up the /report GUI and whatnot.
PM Link

LegibleToe762 wrote

• Could be spammed but can be solved by just allowing it every 5 minutes, as it is for /report.
  • Could be used as a troll but this is also true with /report as a friend could just report a friend just to troll and mess around
    PM Link
    @Brussel
    PM Link
    Also it is hard to tell if people are trolling with /report unless they report for Other or something like Fast Eat (trying to say that the person is fat basically, it's what I've taken from it) so this shouldn't really be a problem.
    PM Link

LegibleToe762 wrote

LegibleToe762 wrote...

Meh, maybe. But I still support the idea of combining this idea with /report to make an overall easier command for both reporters and mods.
    PM Link

LegibleToe762 wrote

Also it is hard to tell if people are trolling with /report unless they report for Other or something like Fast Eat (trying to say that the person is fat basically, it's what I've taken from it) so this shouldn't really be a problem.

But here, you have literally no specifics, so it would generally be more difficult
    PM Link
    True but when you teleport to someone, it is clear if they need help or not. My idea is that if someone uses this command, 9.9 times out of 10 they will be running away from a hacker or similar.
    PM Link
    I want to know why someone needs my attention. By the time I've figured out the issue and why, the fights over and 20 specific reports have passed. /report (name) (reason) was removed because it was full of junk and 'mod tpppppp'. Def -1 from a mod's perspective.
    PM Link
    I mean it could work for Arena but something that I didn't make clear is that it is more intended for UHC and I believe that it would be more useful over there. @Listen I 100% agree with you and thanks for the feedback and this is just what I think personally :)
    PM Link

LegibleToe762 wrote

The player being hacked on has a chance of not not losing ELO (if in a ranked ArenaPvP match)

Staff is allowed to ban during ranked matches??

BurntCactus wrote

Another misconception is that we can tp to you then ban the hacker and save your elo. WRONG! We mods are not allowed to ban during ranked matches.
    PM Link
    This might lead to an absolute ignorance of /report. People may just start using /l, because most of them would not be bothered typing longer /report, than shorter /l, whatfor they would even get more attention. Mods would still have the same ammount of work and people, who are disrespectful, would still remain disrespectful.

LegibleToe762 wrote

not losing ELO (if in a ranked ArenaPvP match)

I believe, it is not allowed banning during matches.
    PM Link
    Did not see Teracerus was faster.
    PM Link

Kegsersleeuwen wrote

Did not see Teracerus was faster.

What did you expect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PM Link
    *facepalm* gimme a break it was late when I wrote this ;-;
    PM Link
    +1
    PM Link
    if anyone has anymore ideas about this, feel free to leave a reply
    PM Link

Listen wrote

I want to know why someone needs my attention. By the time I've figured out the issue and why, the fights over and 20 specific reports have passed. /report (name) (reason) was removed because it was full of junk and 'mod tpppppp'. Def -1 from a mod's perspective.

Maybe allow the players to do /report (name) (reason) but still open the gui, so they can give a general idea of what they are doing and allow the option of further detail. Another addition could be to tell in the report if the player is in a ranked match to give priority as I would rather be tended to when in a ranked match rather than an unranked. Just some ideas for report. As to /l I really +1
    PM Link
    Basically, this is uselss because we can't ban in ranked, so what's the point in the middle of the fight? You'll lose elo anyways cos we have to let the fight finish before banning. The player may as well PM us/ use /report after the match to get our attention.

I don't know how something like this will be implemented tbh. The current system is fine.
    PM Link