Store
Staff
Time and time again I here the same things from the player base: 'such shit stuff' 'mods don't do their jobs' blah blah blah

Therefore, I am making this thread for you guys to tell us how we can improve our moderating/hosting etc.

Please be constructive and polite, don't bitch because that won't get us anywhere and won't help us in any shape or form.

Leave suggestions below :P
PM Link
Is this an official thread or did you alone decide to make it?
PM Link
I don't know that it's something that moderators can handle or if a higher up is already working on it(which I somewhat assume they are) but I think in UHC's there should be more staff. I don't know if there's enough staff now or if more would need to be added but I know hundreds of people are cheating in these UHC's obviously but just the verbal proof isn't evidence and they actually need to be caught. I wouldn't say I blame the mods of these's UHC and the staff with them (generally 1-2) but although I know how hard your job is there's some pretty blatant shit that goes down and no one seems to notice it. Again, that's probably because no one was able to keep their eye on it because they are taking care of something else which just furthers my point of having more staff in UHC's than just the host +1/2.
PM Link

JaimeLannister wrote

Is this an official thread or did you alone decide to make it?

I decided to make it myself.
PM Link

ScOpE_H3ad wrote

I don't know that it's something that moderators can handle or if a higher up is already working on it(which I somewhat assume they are) but I think in UHC's there should be more staff. I don't know if there's enough staff now or if more would need to be added but I know hundreds of people are cheating in these UHC's obviously but just the verbal proof isn't evidence and they actually need to be caught. I wouldn't say I blame the mods of these's UHC and the staff with them (generally 1-2) but although I know how hard your job is there's some pretty blatant shit that goes down and no one seems to notice it. Again, that's probably because no one was able to keep their eye on it because they are taking care of something else which just furthers my point of having more staff in UHC's than just the host +1/2.

Out of Arena, SG, UHC and Tournament, UHC is actually the biggest. However, I do tend to agree with you there's seems to be only 1-2 people modding a UHC at a time.
PM Link

RealSportsFan wrote

JaimeLannister wrote...

I decided to make it myself.

Nothing wrong with showing some initiative, however you guys are told how to do your jobs and I am very confident the administration know what they're doing when it comes down to improving and managing the staff team and the way it operates without the input of the community, most of whom know absolute nothing about running a 6k player minecraft server and its staff.
PM Link

JaimeLannister wrote

RealSportsFan wrote...

Nothing wrong with showing some initiative, however you guys are told how to do your jobs and I am very confident the administration know what they're doing when it comes down to improving and managing the staff team and the way it operates without the input of the community, most of whom know absolute nothing about running a 6k player minecraft server and its staff.

Ik I'm not expecting like some major change or something because of this thread. I'm just curious.
PM Link
I think we just need way more mods considering how huge the network is now, it can really drive you up the walls when a 1300 camper drains you and no mods are online.
PM Link

Unsighted wrote

I think we just need way more mods considering how huge the network is now, it can really drive you up the walls when a 1300 camper drains you and no mods are online.

Hence why there are about 20 new trials at the moment and alerts asking in game for staff.
PM Link
I agree with the more staff suggestion in a way but really what we need is staff on eu/na 2 and 3
PM Link
Staff can only do so much at once. Imo, I feel as if there could only be some minor changes to help out the server.
1. Investigate more reports
2. Hire more staff
3. Expand the chat filter

These three steps alone, can make badlion a better place.
PM Link
Actually do something when someone /reports cuz its gotten to the point where I dont even do it anymore cuz it never works
PM Link

eay wrote

Actually do something when someone /reports cuz its gotten to the point where I dont even do it anymore cuz it never works

You need to realise it's not just you using /report on the server. We get notifications even from other ArenaPvP server (e.g. I'm on eu2 and I see all eu2 reports + [x2] reports from other arenapvp servers).

I usually check most of them, especially if someone gets reported more than 2 times, and trust me, there's a lot of them. Everytime we (the mods) have to get our recording program ready and record the cheater before banning him. While doing this, we even get more reports, and obviously it is not possible for use to handle more than one player at the same time.

I know it is frustrating when a Mod doesn't help you, I was a "regular" player too. I then learned mods can't ban someone if they're in a ranked match (that's one of the staff rules). We actually MUST wait untill the match is over to ban the cheater. That's why I understand many get mad at the mods, however it isn't really our fault… and I wish everyone knew this.
PM Link

Nicosby wrote

eay wrote...

You need to realise it's not just you using /report on the server. We get notifications even from other ArenaPvP server (e.g. I'm on eu2 and I see all eu2 reports + [x2] reports from other arenapvp servers).

I usually check most of them, especially if someone gets reported more than 2 times, and trust me, there's a lot of them. Everytime we (the mods) have to get our recording program ready and record the cheater before banning him. While doing this, we even get more reports, and obviously it is not possible for use to handle more than one player at the same time.

I know it is frustrating when a Mod doesn't help you, I was a "regular" player too. I then learned mods can't ban someone if they're in a ranked match (that's one of the staff rules). We actually MUST wait untill the match is over to ban the cheater. That's why I understand many get mad at the mods, however it isn't really our fault… and I wish everyone knew this.

Yes I understand that but literally since the day I joined this server /report only worked for me once or probably twice, its either Im really unlucky or some staff dont bother to check
PM Link

eay wrote

Nicosby wrote...

Yes I understand that but literally since the day I joined this server /report only worked for me once or probably twice, its either Im really unlucky or some staff dont bother to check
Really? I play on alts a lot and when I see a hacker on my alt I report them and they get banned a few minutes later
PM Link