Store
Players Online: 52.4k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
EULA and Factions - How Ranks Will Change
With the upcoming deadline of August 1st for the enforcement of the Minecraft EULA we are forced to change how our donation/ranks system works.

We do not want to remove anyone's ranks or privileges, so the new ranks system will allow anyone who currently has a rank to keep it.

Ranks will be purchasable with ingame currency. But, the ranks will require a lot of grinding to be able to afford. Exact prices will be posted after further discussion, however the general conscientious is that it will require a full map or more of grinding to afford a King/Queen rank.

You will not be able to donate for ranks or ingame currency.

I repeat, all ranks will remain the same. No one will lose their rank.

The ranks will be buyable after a network-wide update to our donation policy. Due to the higher impact of Factions ranks, we decided to release this information earlier than waiting for the full update.
PM Link
PM Link
Are people going to be able to help friends by grinding? Like, will it be via in game money or via something else?
PM Link

Cascoid wrote

Are people going to be able to help friends by grinding? Like, will it be via in game money or via something else?

All through ingame money. So yeah if people wanted to combine funds, they could.
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

Cascoid wrote...

All through ingame money. So yeah if people wanted to combine funds, they could.

Is there going to be rank upgrade purchases too? Like, Squire -> Knight, Knight -> Musketeer, ect?
PM Link

Cascoid wrote

MasterGberry wrote...

Is there going to be rank upgrade purchases too? Like, Squire -> Knight, Knight -> Musketeer, ect?

That's how it's going to be. Squire will disappear most likely, and the first rank will be Knight. Everything else will be updates, such as Knight to Musketeer
PM Link
Is it legal to add money multipliers that you can buy off the website? Such as the shotbow exp system?
PM Link
These ranks better be EXTREMELY hard to grind C:
PM Link

Vytr wrote

These ranks better be EXTREMELY hard to grind C:

They are going to be stupid expensive, like I'm thinking 5-10 mil for Knight alone. Haven't set down yet and figured out prices yet.
PM Link
Thats about what I'd want

Edit: Quoting archy.
PM Link
WHat about potion pvp?
PM Link

im_Batman225 wrote

WHat about potion pvp?

Let me help you out bud :)

Most likely potion pvp will stay the same.

The new EULA makes the game more fair. Basically you can't buy stuff that makes it unfair that another player can't do the same. IE: buying a rank to get gear.

However, Badlion potion pvp works buy donating for their own custom coded plugin. Donating gives you matches to an ELO system the devious staff created themselves. Most likely, minecrafts new EULA wont temper with the kit section but rather factions. Factions is were people like to overcome other factions by donating for gear to win fights and to say "Hey we are the better faction". It's a system you see ;p
PM Link
So does Badlion actually run major risks if it were to IGNORE the Minecraft EULA?
PM Link
Every server does.
PM Link

ComboDombo wrote

im_Batman225 wrote...

Let me help you out bud :)

Most likely potion pvp will stay the same.

The new EULA makes the game more fair. Basically you can't buy stuff that makes it unfair that another player can't do the same. IE: buying a rank to get gear.

However, Badlion potion pvp works buy donating for their own custom coded plugin. Donating gives you matches to an ELO system the devious staff created themselves. Most likely, minecrafts new EULA wont temper with the kit section but rather factions. Factions is were people like to overcome other factions by donating for gear to win fights and to say "Hey we are the better faction". It's a system you see ;p

im pretty sure the eula says you can't "pay to play" which includes donator only severs and i would assume limited ranked matches…
PM Link

im_Batman225 wrote

ComboDombo wrote...

im pretty sure the eula says you can't "pay to play" which includes donator only severs and i would assume limited ranked matches…

Paying for access is allowed, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay. When it comes to gameplay, there is absolutely zero difference between an unranked match and a ranked match. You are paying to be able to have unlimited access to ranked. All kits will have an unranked queue when we do the EULA update to the server.
PM Link

Archybot wrote

im_Batman225 wrote...

Paying for access is allowed, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay. When it comes to gameplay, there is absolutely zero difference between an unranked match and a ranked match. You are paying to be able to have unlimited access to ranked. All kits will have an unranked queue when we do the EULA update to the server.

@MasterGberry That means you would need to have an unranked sign for every ladder, as of now it only covers 3 different ladders.
PM Link
We will, all the unranked queues have been in the game since we added unranked, we just never put down signs.
PM Link
Thread is locked