Store
Players Online: 48.1k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Capture The Wool Feedback
CTW is one of the newest gamemode on here and its been out for a bit now. I would love to hear some feedback on what you think should be added/fixed.

What could make the gamemode more exciting/fun or more competitive. Any idea is welcome and the more feedback we can get, the better we can make CTW.

(Yes we are aware of the lack of maps and more are getting added).
PM Link
Remove rods

Disable the option to enable/disable teammates knockback

Add kill rewards

Fix that when you kill a player it drops the sword , pickaxe and useless stuff

Probably add more blocks on Bamboo Valley

There should be 1 bucket instead of 4 on Golden Drought

Probably change GD3 birch logs for planks

Fix max height on GD3 ( idk about other maps but its way too high)

Also , the Anti blockglitch thing its a pretty good idea but I find it really annoying on skybridges / max height since it stops from running and at some point you can still not get shoot, for example if you run back with the wool and you go to a skybridge at max height , and the enemy team starts hitting you it would be really hard to not place any block at max height and get teleported back.

With this I mean that it should be removed for max height

PM Link
Banned rods

Kill rewards and repair weapons and tools when you took them from the floor and you already have in the inventory or hotbar, because usually you get your inventory full so fast.

Fix the map regions because you can place water out of the map where you can't place blocks and you can keep going with different water sources.

Disable friendly fire on pubs matches.

Less blocks on all spawnkits, and also wools respawn more slowly.

And if it possible of you can keep crafting despite your crafting table got destroyed.
PM Link

hackingg wrote

Remove rods

Add kill rewards

+1 but I want rods
PM Link
+1.

PM Link
wheres the core
PM Link
+1

hackingg wrote

Remove rods

Add kill rewards

Fix max height on GD3 ( idk about other maps but its way too high)

Also , the Anti blockglitch thing its a pretty good idea but I find it really annoying on skybridges /max height since it stops from running and at some point you can still not get shoot, for example if you run back with the wool and you go to a skybridge at max height , and the enemy team starts hitting you it would be really hard to not place any block at max height and get teleported back.

With this I mean that it should be removed for max height

PM Link

Recoovery wrote

Banned rods

Kill rewards and repair weapons and tools when you took them from the floor and you already have in the inventory or hotbar, because usually you get your inventory full so fast.

Fix the map regions because you can place water out of the map where you can't place blocks and you can keep going with different water sources.

Disable friendly fire on pubs matches.

Less blocks on all spawnkits, and also wools respawn more slowly.

And if it possible of you can keep crafting despite your crafting table got destroyed.

Just pointing out, you can remove your teammates' kb
PM Link
5v5 SCRIM SERVERS

And delay the tournament a bit most people still have exams!

You should get a gapple after you kill someone
PM Link

Jinxful wrote

5v5 SCRIM SERVERS

And delay the tournament a bit most people still have exams!

You should get a gapple after you kill someone
PM Link

Bobbles wrote

Jinxful wrote...

That's coming when we add more maps.
PM Link

Limeintine wrote

hackingg wrote...

+1 but I want rods
PM Link
a sound when you kill a player plz like raindrop ocn sound
PM Link
Keep Rods, More Maps, Remove Having to Click Respawn and instead have you spectate for 5 seconds then auto respawn, kb stick in one of the chest
PM Link
I don't know how 5v5 is going to work atm but I think for scrims I think each player should start with leather armour
I just think this means you can react and defend easier when you respawn rather than having to mine and craft it all
Its fine when there are 20 members on a team but with 5v5 I can imagine capturing to be very easy
PM Link
I would recommend a 10v10 or 6v6 or higher. I think a 5v5 match would take forever.
PM Link
host it more oganised than the last ctf tounrey as it was really poorly organised please
PM Link
Add kill rewards

Add more maps

Maybe host a CTW Map-Making tournament or something (with a prize) so people can actually make some CTW maps that could be in the future CTW Rotation.
PM Link
Public:

Make it so you can shoot arrows through your teammates into the enemies because half the time I'm trying to shoot an enemy and my arrows get blocked by my teammates.

A gapple kill reward (I know this is coming after you add more maps) because engaging in fights is depressing as you have no healing especially when fighting another person prior.

Wools in chests spawn too quickly make the ability to take all (double clicking) and let the wools respawn every 2-3 seconds

Remove rods that shit can be in sg/uhc but not ctw just use a bow if you can't rod.

When killing someone make a sound so you know you've killed that person same with when you pick up a wool/safety it should make a sound when you get the wool. In addition to this, when you actually do pick up a safety make it also state in the chat that you have picked up the wool because it only counts when you pick up the wool directly from the chest.

Also, make it so none of their items drop e.g the useless stuff like tools but armour is fine.

Make it so you can drop gapples on maps?? (I'm sure you can but idk this is off the top of my head)

State the distance when shooting someone e.g "X was shot by Y from (Z blocks)"

Competitive:

5v5 is controversial I mean it depends on the maps but it can work out only based off of that. Ideally, I would say 7v7/8v8 again depends on the map.

Scrim servers to allow teams to practice

When touching the wool, make it display on the right hand side to indicate to your team that you have touched the wool BUT not to the enemy team

hopefully this is enough lol

PM Link
I mainly want 5v5s and maybe a rod/snowball ban.
PM Link