Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 31.6k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
[@Player Council] ELO Decay??
What are your opinions on ELO decay? Many competetive games have this. For example: I really suck at bow ladders, so I farm low elo's until I reach my goal and then I never play it again. If I would not play that ladder for 1 week(maybe less maybe more) I would gradually lose SR.

BUT it would only affect higher elo players, not the casual ones. So the elo of that ladder will drop to 1600 or 1700 i dont know

discuss and keep it friendly
PM Link
I don't play ranked anymore so I'm not sure how valid my opinion is on this but I think elo decay is healthy for the reasons you said above. Most people just park their account at a certain elo and never play it again.

Imo elo decay would work well with the way it works on pokemon showdown (-1 point for inactivity for a certain period of time, increases by point decay per 100 elo rating so for example 1500s would lose -1 point per inactive week of not playing a minimum of like 5 matches within that week, 1600s would lose 2 points per inactive week etc.).
PM Link
bad idea imo. let people keep their elo
PM Link

Neriyahu wrote

bad idea imo. let people keep their elo

isnt badlions goal to make a cheat free competetive server?
letting people keep their elo is not very competetive I guess?
PM Link

Shurah wrote

Neriyahu wrote...

isnt badlions goal to make a cheat free competetive server?
letting people keep their elo is not very competetive I guess?

Why do you want people to sweat their ass out?
PM Link
I think it's a smart idea because it makes people to grind out rank.
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Its Not fair for people who cant play all day , some people come back from boarding school to home only once in 2 weeks , and its just bad for them , ( i know people like that) i think its a good idea but not once a week maybe once a month , in order to let players that dont play as casual as others keep their ranks , also it will just make the game not healthy to play and that is a bad idea overall, you will force players to play alot more even if they dont want to , and they will get sick of the game and will stop playing
PM Link
I don't agree with this idea, you're killing off a lot of the casual players by forcing them to play often. So, a -1 from me. Sure, we can make Badlion more competitive, but at the cost of less players playing? Hmm… I always liked the idea of once you reach that milestone of ELO, you can relax and be proud of your minecraft ELO rather than worry about it falling down and having to keep playing it so you're around that level.
PM Link
i like this idea tbh some people like ihacklite in s12 would play until he got 10000000 billion mmr or whatever the fuck he got and then stop playing. This would help reduce inactivity and help keep all the ladders diverse and revive debuff and soup or whatever the dead ladders are now.
PM Link
In my opinion, it's a good idea only if it's executed correctly otherwise it will simply upset both the casual and competitive players. Having decay for casual players is unnecessary and will only demotivate them. On the other hand, rating decay for competitive players is great as it promotes, even more, competition, however, this will only work if the decay system put in place is good. I'm still split though if this would be a good idea, lol.
PM Link
Lol this is a terrible idea
PM Link

iBlueApple wrote

Lol this is a terrible idea

shut up random
PM Link
-1, I personally don't think that someone should lose elo because they haven't been playing. What if they've reached a very difficult goal but they lose access to their computer?
PM Link
ELO Decay doesn't work in this system since the core of elo is equal gain/equal loss, so elo decay would keep lowering the elo pool, unless there were modifications somewhere to compensate for the loss of elo
PM Link

Legendcaleb wrote

ELO Decay doesn't work in this system since the core of elo is equal gain/equal loss, so elo decay would keep lowering the elo pool, unless there were modifications somewhere to compensate for the loss of elo

All the decaying Elo goes towards my s14 archer MMR until I am #1
PM Link
I'm neutral on this because, as someone stated above, you won't get to relax after you reach your goals. However, it also ensures that you really deserve your elo because if you can stay at that level, then you truly deserve it. So +0
PM Link

lilthiago wrote

iBlueApple wrote...

shut up random

your join date was yesterday, are you one of those people who shittalks everyone they see till they get banned?
PM Link
I have school/work and play only on the weekends or vacations, why do I need to lose elo that I worked for, what's your logic?
PM Link
bad idea
PM Link
Thread is locked