Store
Why are you trying to kill arena?
+1 on everything, especially on the Mac and badlion client part :v
PM Link

ScrubV2 wrote

Ok serious question, people talk about PotPvP being bad? What actually makes it bad? I want a serious thought out answer please <3

Also I doubt GCheat would actually do anything to break pots as such, if it did, every anti-cheat would be having similar issues.

I dont really see anything bad about potpvp on badlion considering im absolute garbage when kb in a kit actually exists. But from what ive heard from most of the good potpvp players, the knockback just doesnt feel right and it just simply 'removes' the need for having good aim, timed blockhits or even wtapping. Even though the pots are pretty good (for me atleast) the knockback could 100% be worked on and as @Ryhuko said 'tested by pot players'.

As for the second thing, i wont get into it considering im not an expert when it comes to pvp smoothness and what not. Ill leave it to someone else who can explain it.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

Don't really think they should add every kit back to global just sg and diamond

Every kit has its unique way to play and thats why we think all of the season 15 kits should return.

3 global kits just doesnt really show the players' skill as it used to. Even though i will admit builduhc,nodebuff and archer do take skil, it would be a lot nicer if they could present that skill in more kits.

This is pretty much how it works right now :

Archer - UHC , Iron , Archer

BuildUHC - BuildUHC , SG , Diamond Rod

NoDebuff - NoDebuff , GApple , Debuff

They have picked the kits that they think it takes/shows the most skill, but it just doesnt. For example : Speed 2 kits. We have GApple and Debuff (NoDebuff is already there). If anything i can say nodebuff doesnt take as much skill as gapple or debuff. Even though to some people NoDebuff may seem as a pretty hard kit, its simple. Have aim, know how to pot, and some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily. But in Debuff not only do you have to know the nodebuff ways to play, but also debuffing, dodging debuffs, playing while debuffed and even potting while debuffed. In GApple the point of gappling replaces the point of potting in NoDebuff (not nearly as much), but yet again : timed gappling, heavy armor conservation, and this is the most aim based kit in all of badlion.

I could say things like this ^ for both build and archer but i wont get into it too much. If you read this, hopefully you now understand why all the kits should come back.
PM Link
-(-1)
PM Link

ScrubV2 wrote

Ok serious question, people talk about PotPvP being bad? What actually makes it bad? I want a serious thought out answer please <3

Also I doubt GCheat would actually do anything to break pots as such, if it did, every anti-cheat would be having similar issues.

I don't know why GCheat messes up things, its probably a heavy load on the server making things slightly laggy. The knockback on badlion has never felt smooth at all. It's hard to explain but when you play a server with "good" pot pvp you can just feel a massive difference in the quality.

It's not 100% confirmed gcheat messes up the kb but what else would have done it during the kohi/badlion merge lol
PM Link

Ryhuko wrote

Remove GCheat:
This might seem like a wild idea but it's supposedly what makes pot on badlion disgustingly bad. Back when badlion merged with Kohi, Kohi just felt like a disgusting server compared to what it used to be when gcheat wasn't present on the server. According to people who have played badlion since the early seasons, gcheat also made the server feel disgusting, I'm not sure if this is true but if it is then gcheat should be removed with the launch of BLC 2.0 and then the legit players can use BAC queuing in order to play against legit players while having a smooth experience due to the absence of GCheat (BAC should also become compatible with macs so that they can play with this idea as well as have no excuse to not use it). In my opinion they MAY get the pot community to come to badlion as if it genuinely feels like a good server then why would they not play here.

fuck yeah mac community!
PM Link
imo there should be a difference between global ELO and all around best PvPer. I have a complicated formula to define this so called "best PvPer" but in all honesty, it's too complicated
PM Link
the main prob w kb is that the test servers are na only so u have to use na players for it
PM Link
if you expect gcheat to be removed and that bac can just be compatible with macs easily then you arent really the smartest one
PM Link

ApplePanda642 wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

Every kit has its unique way to play and thats why we think all of the season 15 kits should return.

3 global kits just doesnt really show the players' skill as it used to. Even though i will admit builduhc,nodebuff and archer do take skil, it would be a lot nicer if they could present that skill in more kits.

They have picked the kits that they think it takes/shows the most skill, but it just doesnt. For example : Speed 2 kits. We have GApple and Debuff (NoDebuff is already there). If anything i can say nodebuff doesnt take as much skill as gapple or debuff. Even though to some people NoDebuff may seem as a pretty hard kit, its simple. Have aim, know how to pot, and some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily. But in Debuff not only do you have to know the nodebuff ways to play, but also debuffing, dodging debuffs, playing while debuffed and even potting while debuffed. In GApple the point of gappling replaces the point of potting in NoDebuff (not nearly as much), but yet again : timed gappling, heavy armor conservation, and this is the most aim based kit in all of badlion.

I could say things like this ^ for both build and archer but i wont get into it too much. If you read this, hopefully you now understand why all the kits should come back.

1. The whole point is to make it so the best player is top global not the player that plays the most. This new Global system does that (mostly).

2. How is gapple more aim based than nodebuff? like what

3. You say nodebuff is only aiming, knowing how to pot and "some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily" but tell me how Gapple is any different except for the fact that you don't have to be good at potting so if anything gapple is much easier. Yes in gapple you have to worry about armor but its really not that hard to put armor on fast, and how is timing gapples not considered "some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily" Timing gapples is so much easier than potting and having to worry about quickdropping. Debuff does indeed take more skill but guess what, most people don't like it, no one plays it, that's why it was so insanely dead and its a no longer relevant game mode. My point? nodebuff is the best representation of speed 2 pvp skill we will get.

4. For build uhc you said it represents build, sg, and diamond rod. I agree they should add sg back but, diamond rod is just good rod practice, it shouldn't count for global.

5. For archer, well archer is an already unpopular gamemode so adding 2 more bow kits would just spread to bow players out even more. Also since uhc and archer are both just pure bow why do we need both, I know that uhc has gapples but how does that make it different in terms of skills needed to be good at it. Archer tests bow skill. Why do we need 3 kits to test bow skill?

6. also adding diamond back would add a kit that requires both bow and melee skill.

So why do we need to add back all of the extra kits that almost no one enjoys playing, and therefore don't play, that test the same skills as the kits that already count for global, that will just spread players to more kits making already dead kits even more dead, and will again make the player that plays the most get top global and not the best player?
PM Link

KarliXon wrote

if you expect gcheat to be removed and that bac can just be compatible with macs easily then you arent really the smartest one

Another reason Arena is dying. The community is absolute aids. Whether the suggestion was "stupid" or not, referring to someone as stupid clearly isn't a nice way to talk to them. Don't mean to add to the toxicity but it's honestly quite ironic you're saying I'm not the smartest when you're the one failing your classes lol :)
PM Link
+1 I feel this.
PM Link
I totally agree on everything you said, ofc not about removing gcheat. Massive +1 to have a broader horizon of good players test, both from EU and NA, it should be tested while there is a lot of people on the server to check whether or not the kb is affected of the player amount, and not be done on the test server only.
PM Link

ApplePanda642 wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

Well spoken. I hope Badlion will understand this as soon as possible.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

ApplePanda642 wrote...

1. The whole point is to make it so the best player is top global not the player that plays the most. This new Global system does that (mostly).

2. How is gapple more aim based than nodebuff? like what

3. You say nodebuff is only aiming, knowing how to pot and "some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily" but tell me how Gapple is any different except for the fact that you don't have to be good at potting so if anything gapple is much easier. Yes in gapple you have to worry about armor but its really not that hard to put armor on fast, and how is timing gapples not considered "some pvp mechanics that people can learn easily" Timing gapples is so much easier than potting and having to worry about quickdropping. Debuff does indeed take more skill but guess what, most people don't like it, no one plays it, that's why it was so insanely dead and its a no longer relevant game mode. My point? nodebuff is the best representation of speed 2 pvp skill we will get.

4. For build uhc you said it represents build, sg, and diamond rod. I agree they should add sg back but, diamond rod is just good rod practice, it shouldn't count for global.

5. For archer, well archer is an already unpopular gamemode so adding 2 more bow kits would just spread to bow players out even more. Also since uhc and archer are both just pure bow why do we need both, I know that uhc has gapples but how does that make it different in terms of skills needed to be good at it. Archer tests bow skill. Why do we need 3 kits to test bow skill?

6. also adding diamond back would add a kit that requires both bow and melee skill.

So why do we need to add back all of the extra kits that almost no one enjoys playing, and therefore don't play, that test the same skills as the kits that already count for global, that will just spread players to more kits making already dead kits even more dead, and will again make the player that plays the most get top global and not the best player?

UHC and Archer are completely different ladders. It is a lot easier to dodge in Archer due to the Speed effect.
PM Link
+1
+1
neutral
closer to -1
PM Link

Castamaer wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

UHC and Archer are completely different ladders. It is a lot easier to dodge in Archer due to the Speed effect.

Dam speed makes so much of a difference, you can be 2500 in archer but a 1700 in uhc!
PM Link
Or

Have a separate server for bl client 2.0 where GCheat is removed.
PM Link
We have plenty of people who are good on the leaderboards that help suggest ideas in PC. The reason why you also see some less skilled players is bc they help with asthetics or other things within PC.

-1 for Gcheat bc you can’t force everyone to use the client
+1 for global
-1 for elo decay, it hasn’t taken any effect so far so just give it a chance to see how bad/good it is for arena
PM Link
Global Kits +1 it mean 'Global' for some reason

Elo Decay +1 tf lol no one likes it

Remove GCheat -1 you cant force everyone to play with the client

KB Neutral
PM Link