Store
Badlion Client 2.8 - Emotes, Schematica & Bug Fixes

Hello there. Today I share our latest updates to the Badlion Client to the community. This patch notes list is a bit shorter than our normal one, but has some important new features on the client! We have a huge set of changes planned for BLC 2.9. Enjoy your time on this lovely page.

We have added a new cosmetic system into the Badlion Client called emotes. Emotes are little dances that your character can perform in game. Any emote you perform will be seen by all other players using the Badlion Client. The system is really special, so special in fact we are giving everyone a free emote to use on the client. If you want to be even more awesome and support our work here, consider buying some more emotes on our shop: https://store.badlion.net/category/emote

How do I access the emote system?

You can either (1) use the ESC menu to access the emotes system or (2) use the "B" key on your keyboard

How do I edit/add new emotes?

You can open the Emote Editing Menu by using the "H" key (these keybinds can be changed there too)

How often are the emotes changing on the shop?

The emotes are changing weekly on our shop. Make sure to check back each week for the possibility of new emotes!

Schematica Mod

We are pleased to announce the official support of the Schematica Mod in the Badlion Client! This has been a huge effort by @Rigner, so a round of applause for him and his hard work on this mod. For those of you who don't know what the Schematica mod is, it is a mod that allows you to save and load schematics (building) in and out of multiple worlds. It also tells you how many blocks you would need to build something from a schematic.

How do I use printer mode?

Printer mode is disabled by default due to the possibility of it flagging server anticheats. If you want to use printer mode on a server, go tell the server owners/devs to add support for the BLC Schematica Mod Printer Mode by using our bukkit plugin! More info: https://github.com/BadlionNetwork/BadlionClientModAPI#schematica-printer-mode

Other New Features

None

Launcher Fixes

• Tweaked download system to have much larger timeout and better retry support for slow internet connections
  • Fixed an issue where some users could not launch Minecraft properly due to firewall/antivirus settings

• Minecraft Fixes

• [1.12] Fixed disabled mods to work properly for server support
  • [All] Fixed an issue where full screen did not work with the Badlion New Chat system at certain times
  • [All] Fixed an issue where snow and lava did not show properly on the minimap
  • [All] Fixed timers mod preview to work again
  • [All] Fixed some small rendering issues with Coordinates mod in horizontal format
  • [All] Fixed Golden Apple vs God Apple in Item Counter Mod
  • [All] Fixed random arrows sticking out of the body in the middle of no where
  • [All] Fixed resource pack detection system to not be super slow and actually detect new resource packs
  • [All] Fixed lava bucket bug with glitched lava/buckets
  • [All] Fixed misc crash reports

• 2.8.1 Fixes

• [1.12] Fixed crash due to particles
  • [1.12/1.14] Fix chat colors to not message up
  • [1.7/1.8/1.12] Added some additional protection around server mistakes on scoreboards to prevent crashing
  • [All] Fixed default background chat color to work again
  • [All] Fixed chat messages with an icon (Insider/Mod ranks) to not go off screen
  • [All] Fixed weather option to properly disable weather
  • [All] Fixed Resource Pack searching to work properly
  • [All] Fixed Resource Pack refreshing to work for folder resource packs too
  • [All] Fixed being able to drag resource packs that were off screen
  • [All] Fixed the new Lei cosmetic from not being useable with bandanas
  • [All] Fixed Spotify sliders to be draggable properly
  • [All] Fixed a crash problem with the color picker
  • [All] Fixed Insider/LevelHead tags from being hidden by tall cosmetics (e.g. Pride Hat)
  • [All] Fixed emotes making cosmetics transparent sometimes
  • [All] Fixed emotes making leather armor white
  • [All] Fixed crash from chat message logic related to itemstack tooltips
  • [All] Fixed a few Schematica issues

• Other Fixes

• None

• Improved performance of Coordinates mod a little bit for slightly higher FPS

• Replay Mod

We are planning on creating our own version of the popular replay mod due to some open source licensing issues. We are planning on supporting the existing replay format (.mcpr files), so you can use old replays and also create new ones in the Badlion Client.

This feature will probably come out later in summer with BLC 2.9. We will have more information on this as we begin the development for it.

TeamSpeak/Mumble Mod

We are planning on adding mods to the Badlion Client in the near future to support other voice protocols such as Teamspeak and Mumble. This has been a highly requested feature that is helpful for people with only one monitor. More information will follow on the release of the mods.

Small Mod Improvements

We have a few small items on our TODO list to improve your BLC experience, below you can find a few of them:

• Crosshair Mod - More customization
  • GUI Scale - More options to change the GUI scale for Minecraft

• 1.14 has some issues at the moment. Please feel free to create bug reports if you notice a problem here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/category/4
  • Spotify Mod is overloaded and returning wrong errors: https://twitter.com/MasterGberry/status/1131433101257846784

• That concludes today's short update. Thanks everyone for your awesome support of our product over the past year! We recently broke 15,000 concurrent users which is absolutely crazy for us to think about. We hope to continue to serve the entire Minecraft community as we continue to work on more updates.

~Adam
    PM Link
    awesome! now you can default dance in god damn minecraft!!! OP ill make a vid showcasing it asap
    PM Link
    This update is so cool but I have one probleme is that in minecraft I jump with "h" and I can't find where I can't change the emote menu
    PM Link
    Very nice!
    PM Link

River_Of_UwU wrote

This update is so cool but I have one probleme is that in minecraft I jump with "h" and I can't find where I can't change the emote menu

You can change it when you press H (to bring up the menu)
    PM Link
    This is what I've done and I still can't jump ;w;
    PM Link
    Omg sorry didn't see it before and thanks you
    PM Link
    A bit confused on the Schematica mod. How do we open our save/load our schematics?
    PM Link
    Super excited about schematica being implemented.
    PM Link

_Lay wrote

A bit confused on the Schematica mod. How do we open our save/load our schematics?

Load Menu: /

Export Menu: *

Move Menu: -

Still unsure how to actually use it though, really confusing.
    PM Link
    Is it possible to disable the emotes? My 'drop item' hotkey is the 'B' letter and since these emotes are out I can't drop items anymore ingame.
    PM Link
    I Honestly don't know how to use the schematica it never said what button i press to load a build in or anything
    PM Link

denitzzz wrote

Is it possible to disable the emotes? My 'drop item' hotkey is the 'B' letter and since these emotes are out I can't drop items anymore ingame.

Yes, it is possible to disable emotes and change the hotkey for it.
    - Press H to open the Emotes menu. You will be able to change the hotkey in there. https://imgur.com/jDnkG2S
    - If you don't want to see other players using Emotes, open Badlion Client settings by pressing RightShift in-game or pressing ESC and clicking "Badlion Client Settings". Then click on the "Graphics" tab which is on the top of the Badlion Client settings menu. Then scroll down and disable "Emotes". Once you have disabled it, you will no longer be able to see Emotes being used.
    PM Link
    ¿Como uso el mod de Schematic?
    ¿O por ahora no se puede usar , porque esta en fase alpha?
    En caso de que ya este disponible , ¿como construyo , guardo y cargo mis esquemas?
    PM Link

RunidaxsGamer wrote

¿Como uso el mod de Schematic?
    ¿O por ahora no se puede usar , porque esta en fase alpha?
    En caso de que ya este disponible , ¿como construyo , guardo y cargo mis esquemas?

"-" Te abre el menu de edicion de una schematica junto con el boton de construccion
    "*" Te abre el menu para salvar una schematica
    "/" te abre el menu para cargar lo que salvaste
    PM Link
    I was able to pull up the load/move/save schematica menus on the 1.8.9 version of the client however when I used the same hotkeys on 1.14 nothing happened - I was unable to pull up any of the menus in game for that version. I was able to see the options for it in the mod menu but could not actually use the mod since no hotkeys would work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
    PM Link
    I can't open these menus myself am I doing something wrong? I'm on 1.8.9. I used the hotkeys but they aren't working.
    PM Link
    is the error authentication error (-3) fixed or do I still have to wait until I can play with the bac again?
    PM Link
    Como puedo hacer que construya con Schematica?
    Se sobre *,-,/
    pero como lo puedo usar para construir cosas?
    ejemplo si quiero hacer una mansion como se hace ?
    PM Link
    Hi, on my own server how can i run Schematica printer?
    PM Link