Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 42.0k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Badlion Client 3.0 - Approaching in 2020

First and foremost Merry Christmas to all of those who celebrate it and Happy Holidays to the rest! I hope every single one of you is having an amazing day surrounded by your family and loved ones along with plenty of fun and excitement.

Now it's time to share our special gift to the entire Minecraft community today. We have recently begun the development process for a new Badlion Client 3.0! All we are saying in terms of the release time frame is 2020. We don't have a specific date or time frame yet for it, because we really don't know how long it will be until it's ready :)

Rather than type paragraphs of information, I'll make this post into a FAQ style with questions and answers. I hope you find it informative.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Why are you making a new Badlion Client?

Great starting question. The concept of Badlion Client 2.0 was conceived in September of 2017. We saw that Badlion Premium was not going the way we wanted it to, and we wanted to find a new purpose for our Minecraft client in the community. We then started playing around with a free to use Minecraft client concept which then later became Badlion Client 2.0 which was released to the world in late April 2018.

A lot of Badlion Client 2.0's core concepts or code base is revamped features from Badlion Client 1.0. A lot of it is kind funky/weird and it really needs a fresh coat of paint (UI needs to be redone). The colors are all over the place, the settings are all over the place, and it's kind of overwhelming for new users.

We want to make Badlion Client 3.0 really appealing to the eye, very easy to navigate, and easy to get started with. These are some of the founding reasons we are going to create a new version of Badlion Client in 2020. We will also be upgrading other parts of the client besides just the UI as well, but one of the biggest noticeable differences will be the new user interface.

What happens to Badlion Client 2?

Badlion Client 2 will continue to be developed in 2020 at the same time as Badlion Client 3.0. We will still be releasing updates every 6 weeks (approximately) for Badlion Client 2 during 2020 and at the same time we will be working on Badlion Client 3.0. The updates will contain a mixture of new features, bug fixes, new Minecraft version support, etc. Everything you currently see in the Badlion Client 2 updates will continue to happen during 2020 until Badlion Client 3.0 is officially released. When Badlion Client 3.0 is released later in 2020 Badlion Client 2 users will automatically be upgraded to it, and Badlion Client 2 will no receive updates.

What happens to my Insider Rank? My Cosmetics? My account?

Badlion Client is still Badlion Client. You don't need to worry about your account, ranks, or cosmetics. They will all automatically come with you into Badlion Client 3.0. You will not lose anything when Badlion Client 2 turns into Badlion Client 3.0 later in 2020.

Will Badlion Client 3.0 be free?

Yes! Of course. Badlion Client 3.0 will be free after the closed beta period has passed. Read more about that in the question after this one. We don't know how long the closed beta period will be, or how long it will be, but once Badlion Client 3.0 is deemed to be stable we will release it to the public for free.

Will there be some kind of early/beta access?

Yes, we have plans to release an early access (beta) program. Just like our current beta program, it will be accessed with the Insider rank. This means to access the new Badlion Client 3.0 during the closed beta time period you will need to have an Insider rank.

Will there be a new launcher for Badlion Client 3.0?

Yes, we also have plans to add a new launcher UI for Badlion Client 3.0. It won't be too crazy of an overhaul, but it will have a few noticeable upgrades to make the client really feel like something new and shiny that you just bought in the store. With our new focused plan for Badlion Client and how it fits into the Minecraft community, we will make sure to have the launcher match with features.

What are the new features planned for Badlion Client 3.0?

The features have yet to be 100% decided, but we definitely know there will be a heavy UI rework to make as many people feel right at home with Badlion Client as possible.

More information about features will be released when they are done one by one.

When is Badlion Client 3.0 coming out?

During the year 2020. We have no further information to share in terms of a release date at the moment, because honestly we don't know how long it will take to make.

How do you plan on releasing updates still for BLC2, while working on BLC3?

Very simple. We are hiring more devs! We've already begun interviews this past week and we have had some great ones so far. We hope to bring on a few new team members in January who will help us maintain and add new features slowly to BLC2 while some of our more experienced developers shift their attention towards BLC3.

Do you plan on opening up access to 3rd party mods on Badlion Client 3.0?

At this time we still have no plans to add the ability for 3rd party mods to function on Badlion Client. The main reasons are that (i) it will slow down the performance of Badlion Client to add extra API hooks that mods might need to properly function and (ii) it will make the anticheat component of Badlion Client less secure.

What's the best way to find out information about Badlion Client 3.0?

The best way to find out information for Badlion Client 3.0 is to do one or all of the following:

1) Check our website here: https://www.badlion.net/
2) Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BadlionClient2
3) Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/badlion

Conclusion

You heard it first hear ladies and gentlemen! Badlion Client 3.0 is now in development! We are excited to share this news with you guys today and will have more information coming later in 2020 about how to partake in the beta program, release dates, features, and more.
PM Link
:D
PM Link
lmao
PM Link
Really can't wait for this!!
PM Link
Cant wait for 3.0 :D
PM Link
YES!
PM Link
This sounds awesome! Can't wait for it!
PM Link
More FPS? I'd like to have more Fps but i got a Potato PC, so can you work on a Better FPS booster too? (its great right now but maybe, just maybe XD)
PM Link
I agree. FPS boost (if possible)WOULD BE TERRIFIC! CAN'T WAIT FOR 3.0!!!!!!
PM Link
PM Link
Waiting for faster and well-designed launcher ;)
PM Link
Wow, I feel yall have done a wonderful job already, so I cant wait to see what 3.0 is going to look like :D
PM Link
Woot woot ! Merry Christmas ! This is exciting.
PM Link
Yeehaw 🎄
PM Link
Neat
PM Link
Very cool 2.0 was so good i cant wait for 3.0 :D hyped
PM Link
merry christmas

this is epic
PM Link
How many weeks will it take for an update

Because we know that badlion 2 will be updated every 6 weeks.. so what about 3.0?
PM Link
HYPE 😜
PM Link
All sounds amazing, can't wait!
PM Link