Store
Players Online: 68.3k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
Hiring Model Designer and Animation Artist

NOTE: Applications are no longer open at this time. Thanks for your submissions.

Hey guys! We have two new positions opening today on the Badlion team! We are looking to continue and expand on the cosmetics we design for Badlion Client and create cooler and more fun cosmetics that our users can enjoy. We have struggled historically with having enough resources behind this department, so we are formally opening up some job positions for them.

Please note: These positions will be freelancer positions, and these job positions are NOT constant hours. We will make some requests here and there to design or animate some stuff and then we will pay you for the work/time. We cannot guarantee a certain number of hours a week of work currently, as we do not have a steady enough flow put together yet.

Ideally the candidate is 18+, but we are ok with accepting 16+ if it is the right person for the job :)

Model Designer

The model designer should be very creative in their thinking and have prior experience already making models. The model designer will be given a description of a model or potentially also a sketch of a model and then need to create the model using 3d modeling software (Blender, Cinema 4D, etc). The model designer should feel comfortable making both smooth models (not pixelated like Minecraft) and voxel models (Minecraft cubic styled).

Example of smooth model: https://assets.badlion.net/store/images/products/bow2.png
Example of voxel model: https://assets.badlion.net/store/images/products/hat73.png

The model designer will work very closely with our graphics designers. They will need to have good communication skills and be able to generate mapping files that our graphics designers can easily work with to apply a skin to the model.

Requirements:

• 6+ Months of 3D Model Design
  • 6+ Months of Blender or Cinema 4D experience
  • Discord software to communicate with the team
  • Join a weekly meeting (on Discord) for 30 minutes to give a status update of work/progress along with other graphics team members
  • Self motivated individual who can set up their own schedule to complete tasks
  • Ability to organize mapping files for graphics designers
  • A flexible schedule to be able to work on the various models as we ask them (we won't ask for something with a 1 day deadline. We will give you enough time to complete them)

• If you are interested in this job position, please send an email along with your resume/cv to [redacted, see note above] with the topic "Model Designer Application." Please also include a few screenshots of some of your past work as well (we don't need the model files, screenshots are more than enough for us).

Thanks and I look forward to reading your applications.

Animation Artist

The animation artist should have a creative mindset with a good imagination to create various animations on the Badlion Client. The primary position will be based around our emote system (making dances for the Minecraft character). There might be some other small work here and there as well for promotional content. The animator should ideally already have experience working with Minecraft styled animations, but this is not a hard requirement.

Examples of emote with no props: https://assets.badlion.net/store/images/products/emote36.gif
    Example of emote with props: https://assets.badlion.net/store/images/products/emote45.gif

Requirements:

• 6+ Months of Animation experience
  • 6+ Months of Blender experience (NOTE: You must use Blender 2.78 or 2.79 for our emote system)
  • Knowledge of using props (other models) in animations (e.g. a Minecraft character pulling out a bottle of water)
  • Discord software to communicate with the team
  • Join a weekly meeting (on Discord) for 30 minutes to give a status update of work/progress along with other graphics team members
  • Self motivated individual who can set up their own schedule to complete tasks
  • A flexible schedule to be able to work on the various models as we ask them (we won't ask for something with a 1 day deadline. We will give you enough time to complete them)

• If you are interested in this job position, please send an email along with your resume/cv to [redacted, see note above] with the topic "Animation Artist Application." Please also include a few screenshots of some of your past work as well (we don't need the model files, screenshots are more than enough for us).

Thanks and I look forward to reading your applications.
    PM Link
    hi i have a question for an update
    can you add the 1.7 sneaking animation because the 1.8 sneaking is very annoying???
    plsss????
    PM Link
    Is there like an forums helper role I can go for?
    PM Link

TOFILO66 wrote

hi i have a question for an update
    can you add the 1.7 sneaking animation because the 1.8 sneaking is very annoying???
    plsss????

Wrong forum section. Go to https://www.badlion.net/forum/category/3 and feel free to suggest your idea.

Xfinals wrote

Is there like an forums helper role I can go for?

There is no role such as 'forums helper'. If you want, you can apply for Client Mod - https://www.badlion.net/wiki/moderator-app
    PM Link
    what about the payment?

PM Link
    Hello,
    would it be possible to add Xaeros minimap to the badlion client, please?
    PM Link
    Oof
    PM Link
    Hourly Wage?
    PM Link
    how do i message staff?
    PM Link
    Hey! If you need any help with GFX sometime you can hit me up. Been working in photoshop for a long time. Here is my portfolio www.behance.net/GegonGFX
    PM Link
    Hey I am able but i'm under 16… but i am awesome at blender i've been doing it for a while, if done my own minecraft animations and 3d model, i've been animating for over a year FYI
    PM Link
    Read the requirements, it do's not say "Must be 16+" U just need over 6 months of experience animating
    PM Link
    Any Specific Emotes That I Might Have To Send In As Proof
    ?
    PM Link
    Same here friend, same here.
    PM Link
    Even though I'm younger than 16, can I have the availability to help with designs, I don't want a pay, just something to do.
    PM Link
    By the way, I'm 14, I am downloading blender so I can get used to it but I already think If allowed, I can help with sketches of cosmetics and emotes.
    PM Link
    What is email for apply ?
    PM Link

KubaKrtek wrote

Hello,
    would it be possible to add Xaeros minimap to the badlion client, please?

No due to us already having a minimap mod in the client already
    PM Link
    Hello ive been working on blender animations sense i got my computer basicly when i was 10 and now im 13 and still working on blender and i would love to be a part of the emote animations i do have a mic and i have discord im online 8 hours a day because of the coronavirus
    i sent this reply so maybe i can get a chance like i never do
    PM Link
    Is the position as Model Designer still available?
    PM Link
    Thread is locked