Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 63.1k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
S15 Soup and Archer Prizes and Testing this week

Potaytooo wrote

DerRevilos wrote...

wtaf are you saying???? that's entirely different that's hg not refill soup, the entire technique to playing it is different
and that's completely irrelevant to what karlixon was saying, he was pointing out that, between two good people, it's a equal hit crit fest with no combos until someone's helm pops because no speed means you can't strafe

Don't say anything if you don't understand it

+1 for adding speed 1 or 2 back

The new soup just feels like a prelonged version of diamond, +1
PM Link
Changed my mind, current kit would be good with punch 2 + 16 enderpearls, just make it so you can't shoot yourself. Also, is there a way for you to make it so damage isn't random?
PM Link
This affects Global Rank?
PM Link
haven't tried out archer yet but soup is way more enjoyable for me, not having to constantly refill makes the fights better imo
PM Link
hackerlite is just too good
PM Link

Luministe wrote

Soup is not designed to be speed based. This is finally a real "soup" kit and I'd like to keep the combination refill/no speed. We don't need a 4th speeed II ladder

It would be more interesting to give stone sword & no armor as previously said, and more based on soup skills instead of a weird diamond-like fight.

Edit : This KB is honestly way too high for a soup ladder. It encourages too much jumpcritting and is less skill-based.

actually speed 2 has always been a soup thing… just look at old mcpvp videos where soup became popular
PM Link
tldr: imo, keep both kits as they are.

=====
S15 Soup:

iHackLiTE wrote

soup needs speed 2 otherwise its just an extended diamond match with everyone playing kangaroo simulator. in mcpvp, the home of soup pvp, everyone brought speed pots every single fight. the few soup servers that remain use speed. soup needs speed.

also, refill should be kept because it widens the skillgap

=====

S15 Archer:
I mean it's certainly different. I feel like the damage is too high, and you should make it so that a fully charged shot does 2.5 hearts, like it currently does in S14 (to reduce volatility a bit.)

Imo the removal of bow boost and pearls kinda stales the game a bit. Bow boosting around and pearling onto walls and stuff, or being able to pearl in is cool, fun, etc.

There's also currently a pretty interesting dynamic (existed in S12 as well) where quite often, the 2 players are not only trying to shoot each other, but are having another battle over what distance there is between them. There is about as wide of a variety of styles in regard to this distance battle as there could be right now. I am super defensive, using bow boost and pearls mostly to force far range, sometimes close, and players like Peppermint are super aggressive, mostly using them to force close range, and sometimes far if he is very low on hearts. Idk I think the fact that both styles exist high in the leaderboard is kind of interesting.

Also, sometimes I find that my opponent prefers far range like me, and he's just too solid in his state of mind and I need to shake things up, so I'll bow boost in or pearl in or do the bow boost into pearl combo and get in close, and even if I end up a heart down in this exchange, before we back off again to far range, I find a lot of the time that he is disoriented, shaken up, confused, and I can win the fight at far. So yeah as well as the psychological aspect, being able to quickly alternate between fighting at the different ranges is another skill.

I'd also like to mention that back in S12, with the presence of bow boost, pearls, and all of the forcing close and forcing far I have described, the thing that won was Doe's general strategy, which didn't use bow boost and pearl all that much, favoring more of a gradual approach, taking away the opponent's space slowly but surely. Hivlik was also basically unbeatable at the time and would just sorta sit at far, and if you tried to get closer, he would just sorta outdodge you and outaim you anyways, and if you managed to get close, he was still pretty good there. Didn't really bow boost or use pearl very much. So what I'm trying to say is, what you are removing from the game, even used to its maximum defensively or offensively, was not enough to be the best, and I don't really think it needed to be nerfed or removed.

Also, bow boost and pearl aren't "free movement." When you do either of them, you are basically entering a forced movement sequence that can definitely be punished. I'm open to the idea of bow boost doing more damage to yourself, like a quarter heart at most, but removing it feels bland to me.

Idk. Imo, the Archer we have had for quite some time now is great and has a lot of interesting dynamics, and I'd hate to see it made stale by removing the only couple weird tools it has.
PM Link
As a long time member of the soup community, I feel that Speed II isn't representative of what the majority of soup members play with. I say Speed I and refill (maybe craft). This is the best way to keep it not be diamond, and not be Pot as well.

For Archer, Speed II is definitely needed otherwise it is too much like the other bow ladders, and greywalk makes a great point at the end about how pearls and punch is not "free-movement" at all. More experienced bow players can get a free shot on someone when they punch boost.
PM Link
Nice stuff keep going!!
PM Link

iHackLiTE wrote

actually speed 2 has always been a soup thing… just look at old mcpvp videos where soup became popular

I agree but half of the top 10 soup don't even know how to quickdrop and I find this pretty ridiculous for a so-called "soup" ladder. In speed II, you can just go away, drop soups & then refill while you can't in nospeed (or less at least).
PM Link

Luministe wrote

iHackLiTE wrote...

I agree but half of the top 10 soup don't even know how to quickdrop and I find this pretty ridiculous for a so-called "soup" ladder. In speed II, you can just go away, drop soups & then refill while you can't in nospeed (or less at least).

LOL its easier to run with no speed because you cant get 1.7'd
PM Link
Shit I forgot about bow boosting lol.

Maybe have 2 ladders for archer, one for long range slow players (no punch) and one for bow boosting (punch 2, speed/no speed) and whatever.

I still think pearls wouldn't be a fit in either. Bow boosting raises the skill ceiling of fast paced archery a lot more than pearls do which you can just use to pearl in and close range. And of course they wouldn't fit in the slow style archery.
PM Link

Luministe wrote

iHackLiTE wrote...

I know how to quickdrop :D
PM Link

HandsomeCucumber wrote

Luministe wrote...

I know how to quickdrop :D

same
PM Link

DerRevilos wrote

KarliXon wrote...

Wrong. It's another type of PvP.
Example fight:

This does not work on badlion because of the difference on kb lol