Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 62.9k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Badlion Client 2.13 - Insider Gains New Features!

Hey everyone. Hope you are all staying healthy during these troubling times that the world is facing. We here at Badlion are doing our best to make your time playing Minecraft more enjoyable using the Badlion Client.

We have a small but important update today that I would like to share some information with you guys below. We are also hard at work on Badlion Client 3.0 which is scheduled for a release later this year.

HD Skins - Insider

The first new feature I want to cover today that is available for our Insider rank users is HD Skins! We have taken the skin format, and blown it up by 16x to make a new skin size of 1024x1024 (or 1024x512) instead of 64x64 (or 64x32). You can now better express your appearance on the Badlion Client with this new high resolution option! Anyone who is using the Badlion Client will see your HD skin, and vanilla MC users will see your vanilla MC skin.

I have provided a few screenshots below highlighting the new HD Skin panel! You can go ahead and access this from the "Insider" tab in the slideout (Badlion Client Settings) menu.

Customize Your Mod - Insider

The next feature I want to highlight is a way for users to customize the appearance of their mod text further! Do you want to change how the FPS or CPS mod looks and feels? Well we have you covered! You can now customize the text on most of our mods (not all mods support this feature for obvious reasons, such as minimap) to show what you want instead of our predefined presets. So instead of having "CPS: 5" you can now have "My 1337 Skills Per Second: 5" if you wanted to!

Above is an example of the interface you can use to create these custom mod appearances. You can customize the text and color of each block! You can add as many blocks as you want per line to control the color and text options as much as you want to. You can also add multiple lines! Now you can display my FPS 10 times on the screen in a row if I wanted to!

We can't wait to see what you create with this feature. We will look towards improving the support with more of our mods in the future, and possibly looking into support for Simple Mode mods depending on user feedback.

Upload Your Mod Profiles - Insider

Do you have a really cool profile that you want to share with everyone? Well now is your opportunity to! As an Insider you will now have the ability to upload and share your mod profiles directly in the client to all other users! Simply click the "Upload Profile Online" button next to your mod profile and boom! Uploaded! Made a cool update to your mod profile and want to share it again? No problem! You can update your existing profiles in our system as well!

Users can then go ahead and search for profiles in our system by name or tag. They can also sort by most popular, or time uploaded! We hope to see users sharing their profiles in this system and look forward to seeing the cool mod profiles you come up with!

Note: All users can download profiles for free! Uploading is an Insider perk, but downloading will remain free :)

CPS Limiter Changes

NOTE: This only affects servers that are using our CPS Limiter plugin. If they are using this you will see a notification in the bottom right corner about it when you log into the server. An example of a server that uses this is https://www.gommehd.net/

So I will explain the image above. Basically on the old version of our CPS limiter if you clicked really fast at the start of the 1 second limitation period, you might stop attacking or placing blocks. This could lead to an untimely death…especially when placing blocks above the void. With this new system we help limit the clicks more accurately and won't count a click that is too fast in this system. In the above example I show with 20 click per second speed, but 10 clicks per second as the limit in the plugin. The number of clicks per second limitation is completely controlled by the server. I just showed with 10 CPS limitation and 20 CPS speed to make the new system easy to understand.

If you are a server owner and want to use this plugin on your server, it's completely free! Download and install it here: https://github.com/BadlionNetwork/BadlionClientCPSAPI

Launcher Fixes

2.13.2 Fixes

• Fix an issue where client would sometimes not close down properly.

• 2.13.1 Fixes

• Improved stability of the anticheat software

• 2.13.0 Fixes

• Fixed an issue where closing the launcher too quickly could cause a "crash" on macOS

• Minecraft Fixes

2.13.3 Fixes

• [1.7] Fixed HD Skins to work with Optifine
  • [1.14+] Fixed custom text styles for the new Insider feature
  • [1.14+] Fixed Stem feature on Skyblock Addons not working
  • [1.15+] Fixed Schematica tooltip saying that it's not implemented yet
  • [All] Fixed emotes
  • [All] Fixed mod resizing
  • [All] Fixed mod profiles being buggy on boot
  • [All] Fixed an issue where the "Search for new resource packs" feature would crash the game
  • [All] Fixed a crash from HD Skin menu
  • [All] Fixed a mistake when fixing NickHider crash

• 2.13.2 Fixes

• [1.7] Fixed an issue where skins did not load properly on the friends list
  • [1.14] Fixed Schematica mod to work properly
  • [1.14+] Fixed an issue with custom item textures
  • [1.14+] Fixed Item Physic mod to work with Optifine
  • [1.14+] Fixed a bunch of Skyblock Addons features
  • [All] Fixed a crash with NickHider mod not working
  • [All] Fixed misc crashes

• 2.13.0 Fixes

• [All] Fixed an issue where users could not bind hotkeys to the "C" key
  • [All] Fixed an issue with dynamic mods breaking mod locking
  • [All] Fixed an issue where the coordinates mod preview was not showing properly
  • [All] Fixed some issues with resizing your screen breaking mod profile layouts
  • [All] Fixed an issue with skins not loading on the friend list
  • [All] Fixed an issue with Skyblock addons where the backpack preview didn't work
  • [All] Fixed multiple issues that would cause client crashes

• Launcher Tweaks

2.13.2 Tweaks

• BLC Opens MUCH faster on Windows.
  • Better stability if our servers are offline (let's you launch the last successful version [still requires internet connection])
  • Deprecating Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 32 bit (Upgrade to Windows 10!). Old operating systems have too many bugs are some are no longer receiving updates/security fixes.
  • Stability improvement for users that have weird firewalls that might block certain ports.

• 2.13.0 Tweaks

• Reworked patching system to take less disk storage and be much faster. We used to store our assets in the jar directly, but this has now been relocated to a central directory found in the assets folder instead. This will prevent duplicate copies of the same files from being stored in each jar. This also makes patching jars much quicker than before. We will continue to evaluate for performance improvements with time.
  • Reworked some elements of the patching system to require less memory and be faster when updating jars for the Badlion Client. Should just make things run smoother overall.
  • Made a few adjustments to BAC to try and help stabilize it a bit further to prevent crashes while playing.

• Minecraft Tweaks

2.13.2 Tweaks

• Added a preview button for HD Skins to make it easier to test them.

• 2.13.0 Tweaks

• Added some new mod profiles for the preset section instead of our old crappy ones (sorry devs).

• We are hard at work on Badlion Client 3.0! We are slowly transferring more of our developers onto this project so we can get it out sooner! We are still working on Badlion Client 2, but it won't receive as many massive updates at this point in time. Most of the improvements we will be making to it will be quality of life things which will help make your gameplay experience better, or bug fixes which will both help with making 3.0 a better experience also!

I have a few items below that we will be working on with 2.14 including:

• Further customizations to the ArmorStatus mod
  • Further customizations to the Keystrokes mod
  • Further customizations to the BossBar Mod
  • Further customizations to the EnchantGlint Mod
  • Further customizations to the PotionStatus Mod
  • Autofriend mod for Hypixel
  • More cool stuff which we will announce later!

• General Improvements

Since the next update is not going to be a huge update, I can't promise any specific feature will be worked on besides the few things already mentioned above. We will be fixing bugs, improving stability, and making everything run smoother in the next update for any extra time we have available.

• None

• That's it for this time on Badlion Client Patch Notes! We are going to continue to focus more and more energy and effort into Badlion Client 3.0 slowly through the year and make sure we come out with a bang when it's ready. Otherwise see you all next time on the Badlion Client 2.14 update!

~Adam
    PM Link
    Oh god, please don't start slowly making BadLion into a paid client that you need to purchase insider in order to have half the features. Other than that good fixes! I'm excited to see 3.0!!
    PM Link

Gabez wrote

Oh god, please don't start slowly making BadLion into a paid client that you need to purchase insider in order to have half the features. Other than that good fixes! I'm excited to see 3.0!!

This will not be the case. We haven't done an update for Insider in almost a year at this point. Was way overdue :)

All of the SUPER fancy customization features will probably be behind an Insider rank (although to be honest, I only have a few more things on the list an they are part of 3.0). Most of the client will remain free to use. I think we have a good balance right now of free vs Insider (in which case, most of it is free).
    PM Link
    wOOT WOOT!
    PM Link
    Nice update but if you add 1 more new insider feature I think a lot of people will leave and think they payments should mostly be capes, wings all that cosmetics not actually something in the game you use to tell a specific thing. Like your Clicks per second or keystrokes that are needed in gameplay maybe for proof of not cheating or anything like that. but still AMAZING UPDATE and I love the HD skins
    PM Link
    COol!
    PM Link
    I don't know how I feel about the skins lol. Looks kinda odd. Although I really do wish that mod profiles were public. Maybe make a few premium only features instead of mod profiles being insider?
    PM Link

2NB wrote

I don't know how I feel about the skins lol. Looks kinda odd. Although I really do wish that mod profiles were public. Maybe make a few premium only features instead of mod profiles being insider?

Anyone can download mod profiles for free. You have to pay to upload them though. We will probably have a way to share mod profiles with your friends directly in the client in the future as well :)
    PM Link
    Wow!
    PM Link
    What about the minecraft cape issue with the eula thing?
    PM Link
    Even though I'm not an Insider, these updates look really cool! I'm excited to see where the BLC goes in the future, it's been very successful already!
    PM Link
    pog also what about the Minecraft EULA about capes
    PM Link

Kinetic1000 wrote

pog also what about the Minecraft EULA about capes

Badlion sells cloaks, not capes, they're different in a way, not sure if Mojang will take away badlion cloaks but its still a possibility.
    PM Link
    I think that level head should have custom text as well. Great update though. I'm thinking of buying insider now because of this.
    PM Link
    i hop that there will be some automatic translation of mod to other countries such as china can not speak English players better communication with teammates.
    PM Link
    o-o
    PM Link
    the "avoid breaking stem" mod in skyblock addon is not working
    PM Link
    please fix the issue with the zoom mod , the issue is that when u disable the "scroll to zoom in farther" button it still zooms when u use the scroll in game.
    plz fix that :D.
    PM Link
    Kinda disappointed the mod customization is an Insider exclusive. You're adding pretty cool stuff for Insiders and that's great but I feel like this should be a normal feature. Isn't that the point of a client to customize the mods ? Otherwise it's just a mod pack. I'm not crying because I'm planning to become one but you're really confusing me rn. Other features are pretty cool ngl
    PM Link
    Thank you! Are there any plans on adding a referral or affiliate system for insider, or is that a thing already?
    PM Link