Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 69.6k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
The Best Badlion KB
Hello All!
This is my first ever announcement on Badlion! I'm gonna borrow Mentally's format for this one ;)

Information
So myself and the admin and development team have been going through the suggestions, watching the YouTube videos, and reading the forums to gather up as much information as possible for things we need to change to #MakeBadlionGreatAgain. One of the biggest concerns we noticed from the community was most definitely: the Rod KB. With this in mind, we decided to prioritize it in terms of small things we could push out between major updates. If you're reading this announcement, that means it's officially changed and let me tell you - This took a few weeks of testing, readjustments, and consultation of a loooooot of players/streamers/yters/staff/playercouncil. This was the feel that was most accepted by the entire community. (Shoutouts to individuals such as SmellyPenguin, Gyllie, Reb, Tenebrous, and Pikachu for their heavy input during the early stages).

Major Issues with the "Old Kb"
The old KB had a lot more problems than just rodding after community consensus revealed the true issues. The goal of Badlion is to be the hub for competitive, legit gameplay. part of that entails being a server where your skill level reflects your rewards and status, meaning more practice = more wins = higher elo. This concept however is thrown out the window when a player with 15cps is trading evenly with someone with 2. You can't get off amazing comboes, and you can't really differentiate who's a good player and who's a casual. As such a lot of players remained frustrated. Fights became "who can drain who faster" rather than "who's practiced more." A lot of this was due to the amount of Horizontal knockback, and minimal vertical knockback for projectiles, such as rods and arrows. Along with the melee knockback having "aggressive friction," and minimal vertical value.

The Technicals
Here's the changes you'll notice (Don't worry, I wrote them out for everyone that way there's no placebo):
Non Speed Gamemodes: Reduced knockback friction, increased horizontal knockback for melee, increased vertical knockback, reduction of horizontal knockback for projectiles (including fishing rods and arrows), and increase of vertical knockback for projectiles.
This means your comboes now keep your enemy within combo range, making for harder disconnect, and you knock your enemies higher - Making for better and bigger comboes. This also means that you can no longer just rod and chug, but rather that rodding now takes more skill to keep an opponent off of you. You can still theoretically keep an opponent away from you, it is simply more challenging and will become a skill used more often by higher skilled players.
Speed 2 Gamemodes: Reduced knockback friction, increased horizontal knockback for melee, reduced knockback extra vertical.
In short, this is the absolute perfect KB for Pot players - In the words of those who tested it.

Now, these KB Changes are changes for the base of Badlion globally. Meaning not just for arena, but also for gamemodes like CTW, Mini, and UHC. Also, these changes are still heavily dependent on ping and server performance, so do not expect absolute perfection at all times. Just know that we listened, we've adjusted, and to celebrate the changes we're having a Free Ranked Weekend on Friday, February 23rd starting at 9am PSTand ending at 7pm PST. A little gift to you all from the Badlion team, and a great way to have fun with the new KB globally!

The Sum Up
We've made massive changes to KB to Badlion just as the community requested, exactly as they requested. Potpvp feels like an absolute dream, UHC is spectacular, and the changes are global. To encourage everyone to try it out, we're having a Free Ranked Weekend starting at 9am PSTand ending at 7pm PST.

Thanks for reading!
Angelo - Mistazel
PM Link
Good stuff

edit: tried out nodebuff kb, worse then previous kb, takes way less skill as w-tapping and keeping range literally doesnt work at all now. This means the skillcap difference between each player is even lower now as fights are literally hold w who pots first. You must have had some inexperienced testers xD.

didnt see anything wrong with the previous kb

PM Link
Awesome changes
PM Link
Great update
PM Link
Nice
PM Link
Greattttt
PM Link
Nice!
PM Link